setup C4/C5 on "new" PC for Fuji Frontier 330

Hello,

my girlfriend has a Frontier 330 Mini Lab. The W2K Frontend PC's Motherboard is died today.

I was reading already some older posts, where always was told, that an exchange PC

needs a SCSI card. The device list of the old PC was showing a SCSI device, but the 2 hard drives

were connected to SATA connectors.

There was a 82801GR/GH SATA RAID Controller entry in the list...maybe it's an onboard SCSI controller.

Now my questions:

- will a PC without SCSI card also work or for what is it needed? The PC has only a network connection to the Frontier 330...

- has anyone here tried to connect with a VM to the Mini Lab? I installed W2K and FDIA in a VM on a actual Laptop with SSD,
but no success with a connection so far over ethernet (maybe network issues)...

Thanks for any help on this in advance!

BR Jo

FDIA is software packet name - not software name. FDIA consists on A1, C4/C5 and optional modules ( they installed on scanner an server ) .

Server software is C4/C5. It perfectly works on Windows 2000, Windows XP and even on W7 32 bit. Can be installed on any computer ( real computer, or virtual ) . Computer should be prepared correctly ( computer name, user, password, network settings ) . SCSI on server computer is not necessary. On XP can use only latest C4/C5 version ( 5.5-0E-976 ) . This version is possible force to run on W7 32 bit. Did it on virtual Windows. Old C4/C5 can be installed on Windows 2000.

Many Thanks! So I will try again to make it work with the VM. Can you tell, which VM you used and how you configured the IP correctly? The Laptop Ethernet port will be connected to the HUB, where the LAB is connected to. Must the IP of the laptop be assigned to the IP range of the Minilab (for example 192.168.1.1 is the lab and 192.168.1.2 is the laptop) or needs 192.168.1.2 to be the IP of the VM? I'm actual not fully understanding the network bridging of the VM, since the VM uses just the ethernet connection of the laptop. I'm not an expert on this :-)

12 hours ago, Minilab service said:

FDIA is software packet name - not software name. FDIA consists on A1, C4/C5 and optional modules ( they installed on scanner an server ) .

Server software is C4/C5. It perfectly works on Windows 2000, Windows XP and even on W7 32 bit. Can be installed on any computer ( real computer, or virtual ) . Computer should be prepared correctly ( computer name, user, password, network settings ) . SCSI on server computer is not necessary. On XP can use only latest C4/C5 version ( 5.5-0E-976 ) . This version is possible force to run on W7 32 bit. Did it on virtual Windows. Old C4/C5 can be installed on Windows 2000.

...additional question: Is it necessary to have a funtional ethernet connection until software installation in the VM?

...and thanks again to share your information with NooB😉

Jo

Internet connection need only to register printer. Instillation is typical. Software can be installed without connected minilab and it should start. Of course there will not see printer. To install software should be correctly prepared computer ( HD letter, CD drive letter,  correct computer name, user, password ) . If XP - additionally firewall settings, if W7 32 bit - firewall, UAC, manually adjusted sql.

7 hours ago, Minilab service said:

Internet connection need only to register printer. Instillation is typical. Software can be installed without connected minilab and it should start. Of course there will not see printer. To install software should be correctly prepared computer ( HD letter, CD drive letter,  correct computer name, user, password ) . If XP - additionally firewall settings, if W7 32 bit - firewall, UAC, manually adjusted sql.

Will the Lab be recognized at connection time to the LAN? There have to be some configurations for devices and so on... (Icons, drive letters, ...) Without connection, there is no choice in the checkboxes.

Hi again,

my VM works with the MiniLab 🙂 Thanks again! Are there suggested sizes for C, D and memory configuration in the VM?

No idea which size is good for smooth working. And is it possible to connect two instances to the Mini Lab? There must be a different name for the computer for sure...

BR Jo