LS-600 unable to connect to PC

Hello ^_^

I have a LS600 film scanner and I have been using it for a good 6 months now, love it.

However, one day it failed to establish a connection to the computer.  Nothing has changed in setup or on the pc. The software just keep saying please connect scanner. I have tried different USB ports and even different computers. No luck, same result.

When plugged the scanner into USB, it had always came to life and did its start up routine.

This time, all that I can hear turn on is fan, no actual sounds of scanner mechanism nor any lights at the front.

The PCBs seems to be ok, well on a visual inspection anyways, all fuses are good, could not find any obvious signs of failure, ie. burned out capacitors etc...

Has anyone experienced this type of issue and was able to fix it?

Thank you in advance,

Mike

Thanks Dave, and Minilab Service :)
I've measured 5v coming out of i004074-00, which is not highlighted. So the one with the red X should also be 5V then?
I wonder if Noritsu still supplies spare components for this. WiIl enquire  Monday :)
Has any of you had experience with this issue and fixed it?
I'm hopeful a solution that won't render this machine useless...
Thanks all for your help

TDK JBW05-6R0 power supply 5V,  6A, 30 W ( Noritsu p.n. I038404-00 ) used not only this scanner. It was used on many minilabs, so you will find it - used, or even new.

On updated LS600 service manual see that I038404-00 was discontinued. New replacement - Noritsu p.n. I038320-00 ( TDK ZWS30-5/J power supply - 5V,  6A, 30 W ) . So if order from Noritsu need use newer part number. Because the size of control source differs between I038404 and I038320, be careful when replacing the power supply. When replacing the control source from I038404 to I038320, use the power supply attaching unit (Z027547-01) because they are not compatible with each other. The power supply attaching unit includes the control source, four spacers, one plate, two screws and cables to connect the scanner control PCB (J/P39) and scanner driver PCB (J/P53) to the control source (J/P101). 

Broken power supply is common fault on minilabs and scanners. I had to repair various power supply models.

Things are getting confused here!

I004074-00 is a solid state relay; the 5V input that you measured here will be coming from your PC via the USB cable.

The power supply I038404-00 on the diagram (red X on your photo) should have your countries AC supply voltage on the input side and 5V DC on the output side.

The other power supply I038405-00 on the diagram should have your countries AC supply voltage on the input side and 24V DC on the output side.

Posted (edited)

The power supply I038404-00 on the diagram (red X on the photo) is not getting any power out.
The other power supply I038405-00 has 24v out
Yes, the solid state relay makes sense...
So I guess it is narrowed down to the I038404-00 being the issue.
Does anyone know of a supplier for parts for these scanners?

Edited by mike korsos

Hi All, I have just received and installed the new 5v psu from Noritsu.  The I038320 indeed, and that was the culprit. It work now like a charm. 
Thank you very much for all your assistance in finding the fault.

Really appreciate all your input and time helping out! 

Thank you

Mike