Noritsu V30 Leader Card Feeding Issue

Hello,

Unfortunately having leader card feeding issues with the V30...

Seems the machine only partially recognises the leader card. The rollers(?) do not engage to move the card along. I've tried pushing the card in all the way in, or manually moving it along but nothing.
From what I can gather:
- Top feeding rollers are rotating ok
- Leader card microswitch sensor is working (checked via Input-Loading menu)
- Bottom rollers(?) DO NOT move when card is inserted

In the Input-loading menu, everything is clear at the point of leader card insertion except these in dark:
- Cutter Motor Home L & R (which I assume is fine because it's not at the stage of cutting)
- Cutter Position L & R  (which I assume is fine because it's not at the stage of cutting)
- Loading Cover Sensor (I've taken the cover off - it's working when plugged in/out)
- Magazine Adapter SE (?)
- Pressure Sensor L & R (?)

I've checked other posts and have dug in a little bit to find and clean these 'sensors' and 'connectors' which are supposedly responsible for these issues, but not quite sure where to look, where to disassemble..

Any ideas welcome. Any clues to service manuals most welcome.

Thanks

Agreed !  these 2 clamping solenoids are not functioning to raise Left & Right rollers UP  to help pushing leader into developer rack.

Another possibility is the swelling of CD rack intake "Roller unit" part no. Z009020-01  or Z009021-01 I forget .    then the rack gears timing need to be checked later 

20 hours ago, Dave S said:

Most likely the pressure roller solenoids are stuck in the loading unit. Spray some WD-40 on them and twist and pull the inner part until it moves freely.

V Series Solonids.jpg

19 hours ago, davidlam said:

Agreed !  these 2 clamping solenoids are not functioning to raise Left & Right rollers UP  to help pushing leader into developer rack.

Another possibility is the swelling of CD rack intake "Roller unit" part no. Z009020-01  or Z009021-01 I forget .    then the rack gears timing need to be checked later 

Solved! Issue was indeed with the pressure roller solenoids. One of them was rock solid!! 

Thank you both. Cheers Dave, that diagram especially helped a lot.

• 1 month later...