Noritsu QSS 3501 prints with strange "smears"

Hello you all, my minilab has got a problem. The prints as well as test prints come out with these strange smears, identical on all kinds of paper, with this strange shift in it's shape shown on the attached file.

Has anybody had a similar problem? To me it seems really strange because they aren't distinct lines or colour shifts, just this... "smear"

Thanks in advance for any advice

20210420114349844.pdf

Probably noise coming from the green laser. Laser unit will need to be repaired.

You could try swapping the AOM driver from the blue position to the green position and see if the problem changes or not.

fotohit, are you talking about the green/magenta horizontal lines in your scan, or the vertical dark line on the right?

Please clarify if the green lines are on the setup print itself, it looks like those could be lines from a dirty scanner.

For the line/smear on the right I would check your rollers for something in that travel path, start with the crossovers.

The green line is just a fault of my flatbed scanner. The thing is with my minilab, that not even a speck of any dirt comes out and the smear has a completely smooth surface. That was my first idea to check the path of the paper but the smears appear ideally the same each and every time...

6 minutes ago, fotohit@gmail.com said:

The green line is just a fault of my flatbed scanner. The thing is with my minilab, that not even a speck of any dirt comes out and the smear has a completely smooth surface. That was my first idea to check the path of the paper but the smears appear ideally the same each and every time...

Nice of you to now mention that the green/magenta lines are coming from your flatbed scanner.

If you are talking about the redish line on the right, it looks like maybe a a smear on the glass window of the laser. The other cause could be from bad/ dirty rollers in the CD rack, No.2 crossover or BF rack.

18 hours ago, Dave S said:

Nice of you to now mention that the green/magenta lines are coming from your flatbed scanner.

If you are talking about the redish line on the right, it looks like maybe a a smear on the glass window of the laser. The other cause could be from bad/ dirty rollers in the CD rack, No.2 crossover or BF rack.

Hi, I made a better scan of the "situation", after thoroughly cleaning the cd and bf racks and crossovers the situation is exactly the same. I suppose, that a smear on laser glass has got nothing to do with the regulating guide...? I have never cleaned that glass, could you please guide me through the procedure? That freakin smear is a real mystery to me - it starts a little bit off, as you can see on the scan and then it continues it's 'path' straight on the prints. Anytime the feed of the paper stops and it is rolled back to the paper casette and I start printing again the same occurs - on the first print there is this shift and on the next ones the smears are straight. 

img124.jpg

From that scan it looks a lot like a light leak, especially the first/shifted mark.

It happens on all paper magazines? Check your door / exposure section for light tightness. The additional mark at the onset of printing would make sense if a small light leak were the case. 

If you can make your printing room dark by turning off all the lights or waiting until night, make a print in the dark to rule this out.

edit: is your machine single or dual magazine?

Edited by oliphaz

That was one of a kind investigation...

1. All cleened up...

2. New chemistry..

3. Swapped AOM...

4. Laser glass cleaned up...

And finally you got me with light leak...

The problem was the back wall not properly attached in upper part, didn't set it up correctly.

Thank You All Very Much.

178178815_172114194792708_2954715827431361480_n.jpg