06073-00002 Synchronous Sensor Error

Tomas

Hello everyone! I got an error 06073-00002 Synchronous Sensor Error from QSS 3701. I change the AOM green to New AOm but the error still the same. Perform Self diagnostic test from service menu but Green results is no good. I measured voltage across R55 from Green laser driver board but 0volt was measured. Cleaned all connectors contact of the AOM, Laser driver board and Laser control board then it works, no error when printing. But in the following morning, error returns back. What is the exact problem? by the way, The Green Laser head was replaced 1 years ago and it works without any error.

Please help. Thank you.

Strange that you you tried to make measurement on R55.
If you have type B1 laser module (Showa) - there is a laser driver p.n. J390929 & J390231 and it has R54 resister.
If you have type A1 laser module (Shimadzu) - there is a laser driver p.n. J391160 and it has R113 resister.
I think you received wrong information from someone who advised you use R55.
Here the photo of the J390929 laser driver with R54.
Use this resister.
https://yadi.sk/i/4lB_Td717yxsWg

Edited by yustas
mistype

Doesn't matter it is HD, or not. The same laser heads on both minilabs. 

On position R55 can measure also. There is no resistor, but soldering points are connected to R54, so will be the same voltage.

Go to output check and turn on Green laser. If there really see 0 mV ( on multimeter select 200 mV range ) then laser head is dead, laser driver is not working, or bad connections between them.

Might be when you measured accidentally short multimeter pins. Then laser driver destroyed laser head. After that is open circuit, no current and on resistor you see 0V.

17 hours ago, yustas said:

Strange that you you tried to make measurement on R55.
If you have type B1 laser module (Showa) - there is a laser driver p.n. J390929 & J390231 and it has R54 resister.
If you have type A1 laser module (Shimadzu) - there is a laser driver p.n. J391160 and it has R113 resister.
I think you received wrong information from someone who advised you use R55.
Here the photo of the J390929 laser driver with R54.
Use this resister.
https://yadi.sk/i/4lB_Td717yxsWg

Yes it is R54 not R55

Reply to Minilab service : a year ago I changed the green laser head from shimadzu to showa. It works perfectly for a year without any errors. I measured the voltage across R54 when the green On at output check mode. I measure 0volt when asynchronous and I can measured 7.3mvolts when synchronisation. I used Sanwa auto range digital multimeters.

Reply to Davidlam:

Qss 3701 not HD. When synchronous sensor error appears, clearing the error is not enough. Shutting down the machine and turning on after 20 mins will work again without any errors. Printing is good and no error. 

Reply to Yustas:

R54 and R55 are connected parallel. R55 is not physically present. 

Reply to Minilab service : a year ago I changed the green laser head from shimadzu to showa. It works perfectly for a year without any errors. I measured the voltage across R54 when the green On at output check mode. I measure 0volt when asynchronous and I can measured 7.3mvolts when synchronisation. I used Sanwa auto range digital multimeters.

Reply to Davidlam:

Qss 3701 not HD. When synchronous sensor error appears, clearing the error is not enough. Shutting down the machine and turning on after 20 mins will work again without any errors. Printing is good and no error. 

Reply to Yustas:

R54 and R55 are connected parallel. R55 is not physically present. 

Additional information :

I already installed new green laser driver board and AOM but the error is still coming during the first print to be made. Clearing the error is not solving the problem, the same error when try to print again. Shutting down the power of the printer and turning on after 20 minutes then the printer works and print perfectly. 

When the machine is working perfectly, I measure the voltage across R54 with the green is On at output check mode and I can measured 7.3mV.

If laser head is original then can't be 7.3 mV. Probably you have 73 mV. Then current would be 730 mA ( 73 x 0.1 = 730 ) .

Just in case check laser driver power supply ( two pin connector ) . There always should be 5 V. Maybe it is unstable, or sometimes missing at all. 

Connect two multimeters. One on resistor R54 and other between ground and laser driver pin 2. If when G laser head should work on laser driver pin 2 have 0 V , but on resistor have not voltage then something wrong with laser head, bad connection between them, or faulty laser driver.

If when laser works on laser driver pin 2 have not 0 V then laser control doesn't work properly.

Hi Minilab service, I really read 7.3mV across R54 when green is On at output check mode and the frequency is 2043. The CN1 input supply is 4.9 V. I'm very familiar of using electronics instruments. Working for this field 30 years and a BS degree on ECE. So for mentioning this but for sure I no mistakes on measuring and reading the voltage because I measured it many times to make it sure and measured again when replacing the laser driver board. 

Regarding the Pin2, did you mean the pin2 of laser driver connector going to laser head? 

G laser head should work on laser driver pin 2 have 0 V , but on resistor have not voltage then something wrong with laser head, bad connection between them, or faulty laser driver.

If when laser works on laser driver pin 2 have not 0 V then laser control doesn't work properly.

Minilab service, can you elaborate further what did you mean about your quote aboved? 

I mean pin 2 on laser driver ( 12 pin connector ) .

4.9 V instead 5.0 V is correct. All should work. 

If you really have 7.3 mV then laser head is not original. It can be made in China, or Russia. On SSL G can't have so low current. 7.3 mV ( 73 mA ) can be when used direct emission laser diode. Guess laser head has random fault and not always starts.

Minilab service: I don't knew if the Showa I installed is Made in China or not. As you have said, it might be not original because I really measured 7.3mV. I want to ask you if there is any chance of having faulty on laser control board? Because why when shutting down the printer for a couple of minutes and turning On again then the printer works perfectly. 

Can anyone analyze the values below when laser diagnostic performed of the printer  that had an error of synchronous sensor error? These values below has no error but maybe somebody can tell that these values of green will help to identify the real  problem of the green laser,

145607451_selfdiagnostics.thumb.jpg.62af807d818453c32182f05a232e2793.jpg

China made laser heads are different. Some work only with own driver, some can work with original. For example laser heads with Showa label and very funny model ( JNG-32/35 ) works with original driver ( J391231 ) . This laser head usually sold with not original J391231 ( made in China ) .

One is clear - original Showa SSL head can't work at 73 mA ( on resistor - 7.3 mV ) . Normally should be about 400 mA , 500 mA, or more.

Look laser driver J391231. If there resistor is on position R55 and position R54 is empty and missing connector CN4 then here is laser driver made in China. Laser head also is not original.

Original  laser driver J391231-00 has CN4 connector ( it is not used on minilab ) . 0.1 Ohm resistor mounted on position R54 ( position R55 is empty ) . Above holes where see screws should be black stamp with laser driver serial number.  Above transistor pins should be black stamp with date, when laser driver was made. Beside power supply should be black stamp with rhombus and letter "I" inside it. A little higher should be black stamp with rhombus and some Japanese text inside it.

Minilab service I think you are right. The J391231 that came with the green laser gun has no CN4 but the R54 is in the right place. This Pcb has also a sticker with Chinese characters. As I remember my customer purchase the laser gun with a driver less than $1000. 

Did any of you can analyse the values of diagnosis that I have attached? 

Here is not original laser driver. It is made in China.
Original laser driver has not any paper stickers. You have sticker with text in Chinese.
Original driver has CN4. Your driver doesn't have it.
Above holes with screws should be black stamp with laser driver serial number. You do not have it.
Above transistor pins should be black stamp with date, when laser driver was made. It is missing on your driver.
Beside power supply should be black stamp with rhombus and letter "I" inside it. Have not it also.
A little higher should be black stamp with rhombus and some Japanese text inside it. It is not on your driver.
Original driver pcb has part number J391231-00. Your driver J391231-01.
J391231-00 pcb should be marked TP-30553E-RoHS. Your board is marked TP-30553D. They copied text from older laser driver - J390929-01.

Doesn't matter, where 0.1 resistor is soldered - on position R54, or R55. These positions are connected. On original driver resistor always mounted on position R54. On Chinese resistor sometimes mounted on position R55. 

If your laser driver is not original then laser head will be not original also. That is the reason why it works at very low current ( 73 mA ) .

Yes, on your picture original head and head made in China. 

Laser test is only for original laser, which can start properly. You have laser head made in China. Your laser head sometimes doesn't start ( you told, that saw 0 mV on resistor ) . Take two multimeters. If G laser is ON, between laser driver CN3 pin 2 and ground you see about 0 V , but on resistor R54 will be 0 V  then need replace laser head, laser driver, or both of them. Laser head is not original. Only laser head maker can comment what should be there and why it sometimes doesn't start.

Did you test laser as I wrote? You have control, but no voltage on resistor?

Yes, you have laser head and laser driver from provided link. They are not original.

I recommend to use original laser head and original laser driver.  HK-9356-02 also can be not original. On Ebay see for sell HK-9356-02 , but they are fake. Laser head case is as HK-9356-02 , but on label written that it is HK-9155-02 . It can't be.

As you may know we produce lasers for minilabs but some of our old-fashioned customers prefer to have only original Shimadzu laser modules so we had to purchase it from Shimadzu and resell it to them.
But three months ago Shimadzu declared that they stopped a production of the modules for minilabs due to some reasons.
I think you will not be able to buy the original Shimadzu modules now. May be old stock only...

JUST FYI.