QSS-3704G Dryer rack issue.

kcheyne

Recently replaced the upper solenoid in the dryer rack, which had been failing it seems for a while. Now my prints all are not following the correct dryer guide. So they are all coming out on top to the conveyor belt. I was able to test both solenoids through the function menus and they both seem to be working. Is there a setting that needs to be reset?

Do not need to reset anything. Just replace, slightly adjust position and it should work.

Old solenoid ( if it is not burned ) can be cleaned, sprayed and could work again. When mounting solenoid choose correct angle ( where it can move very easy ) . Slightly rotate solenoid, find the best position and fix with screws. Just in case check power supply on TP4 ( processor I/O PCB1 ) . There should be 24 V . This voltage is used on solenoid control circuit.

If solenoids works on output check mode means 24 volts is ok. It seems that the problem is mechanical alignment. Try this, remove the dryer rack from the machine and put it on top of a table where you can visually see all mechanical parts. Move the solenoid responsible for the paper that guides going up or down. While moving the solenoid manually, visually check the guide if it is moving perfectly, if not check from there what is the problem, probably it was not in its proper position. 

4 hours ago, Minilab service said:

Do not need to reset anything. Just replace, slightly adjust position and it should work.

Old solenoid ( if it is not burned ) can be cleaned, sprayed and could work again. When mounting solenoid choose correct angle ( where it can move very easy ) . Slightly rotate solenoid, find the best position and fix with screws. Just in case check power supply on TP4 ( processor I/O PCB1 ) . There should be 24 V . This voltage is used on solenoid control circuit.

Minilab service - are you just talking about cleaning the rod and using a silicon lubricant or something similar? Mine has been working intermittently as well, and was thinking about replacement. Does anyone on here have a price for the solenoid? I034254-00?

Yes, I mean clean rod and spray it. Also find solenoid mounting position, where rod can move easy. Also check voltage on solenoid control circuit. There can be a little more, than 24 V ( up to 25 V ) , but shouldn't be lower. Solenoid is 24V , 1.5A, 36W. Voltage drop out on control circuit and wires is about 1 V, so real solenoid power will be less.

I034254-00 is old part number. It is on QSS32 and QSS34 part lists. The same solenoid used on QSS37, QSS38, QSS39. There it has part number I034289-00 . Price from Noritsu - about 200. The cheapest see at 110 ( on Aliexpress ) .

Edited by Minilab service

There are two solenoids on QSS3704G . Maybe you tried to adjust different solenoid.

One solenoid is to send photo to colorimeter, or to the output. Other solenoid is to send photo to sorter, or to the tray. Both solenoids are the same, so you need can change their positions.

Daily test can do only when photo goes into colorimeter. During daily setup colorimeter should measure test photo and enter correction values. Otherwise daily setup will not be completed.

16 hours ago, kcheyne said:

I am slightly adjusting it as needed, it still is outputting on the upper conveyor. Will keep checking and adjusting, no jams in the dryer rack. Also, is there a way to run the daily setup without use of the lower output guide?

Hello,

If I remember correctly you can do the setup by manually inserting the test print into the colorimeter. I stopped doing printing a while back and do not have the machine anymore (Frontier 7700, similar to QSS 3704) so I don't have the details on hand. Please check your operator's manual for how to do this. I am sure someone from our members here can guide you.

Fuji Frontier LP7700 is green painted QSS3704F. No difference between these models - only color, model logo, name  and used software.

Colorimeter unit is attached to dryer. No gap between them. If colorimeter unit move out from dryer colorimeter contacts will be disconnected. Then it will not take paper. 
If measuring the test print failed have message 1029 ( The measurement failed. Measure it again ) .  If this message is shown, measure the test print again by inserting the test print from colorimeter top.

Minilab dryer has two solenoids. They control where paper should go out - at the bottom ( into colorimeter ) , into tray ( wider and longer prints ) , or to sorter ( standard photo ) . 

As I told before need to check 24V , which is used to control solenoids. There can be a little higher voltage ( up to 25 V ), but it can't be lower. If voltage lower solenoids have less power and can't switch lanes. Also need adjust solenoid position, where they move very easy. Then all solenoid power will be used to change lane, but not to move solenoid itself.