Printer Control PCB

Metro Photo

Hello, 

We are still having trouble with our QSS 3211. For the past several days we have been getting intermittent ACRNET communication errors. I have finally been able to use and access the Self Check software and I get a communication error between the Printer Control PCB and the Laser Control PCB. Specifically, the connectors J/P1516 and J/P220. I have been able to find Laser Control PCB, but I am not sure where the Printer Control PCB is. I have looked on the manual, but I just can't seem to locate it. Can anyone help us out? 

Thank you. 

Open printer door. On right hand side you see black metal cover. If to remove it there see printer control pcb.

Printer control pcb has ARCNET hub. There connected ARCNET cables from workstation, ARCNET cables from laser control pcb and processor control pcb. Cables can be connected to any ARCNET port, so you can change cable position.

24 minutes ago, Minilab service said:

Open printer door. On right hand side you see black metal cover. If to remove it there see printer control pcb.

Printer control pcb has ARCNET hub. There connected ARCNET cables from workstation, ARCNET cables from laser control pcb and processor control pcb. Cables can be connected to any ARCNET port, so you can change cable position.

Thank you for the help! Just to make sure, I ran the diagnostic software again, but this time for 10 minutes and I found quite a few more errors. Communications with the AFC/Printer Control PCB/Laser Control PCB/Image Processing PCB/D-Ice Control PCB all came up with errors, but only the laser was pink. Any ideas? Is this more likely a problem with the Arcnet hub? 

If one board has ARCNET noise you can see errors on various boards. To find which board doesn't work properly need test all step by step. Disconnect boards and test one by one. For example disconnect printer ARCNET cables and test workstation. You shouldn't have any errors with Digital ice control pcb, image processing and scanner. 

If all well - connect minilab, but disconnect processor control pcb and laser control pcb. Then should be connection with workstation and printer control pcb.

If have - one by one connect laser control pcb and processor control pcb. Then you can find where connection is bad and which board gives noise.

Thank you everyone for your help and information. We were able to get access to the printer control pcb and after some cutting and reseating we were back up and operating. Thankfully, we did not have to replace any of the PCB's just some bad cable connections. We appreciate all your help and assistance!