Control Strips and Software?

olivia lane

Do all c-41 control strips need software to read them? I'm starting up a lab and would like everything to be running smoothly and consistently on our v30 before we start taking clients. I've tried reaching out to fuji because I know they have oasis, but it seems like it's going to take them forever to get back to me 🙃  Does anyone know of any other qualified vendors I can reach out to that also provide the software to read them? thank you thank you 😇 

To read control strips need colorimeter ( densitometer ) . They can be with software, or without it. Control strips are optional. Not necessary to use them. To be sure that chemicals are good you can process your test film, where frames are not important. To test film processor film transporting can use some plastic stripes, or blank film.

Yes that X-Rite 890, 891 model densitometer were used before /// correct densitometer model

the internal "optical reading head" of this kind of grandfather products are all "internal moulding, non-recovery or almost blind".  X-rite USA & worldwide distributor had discontinued these parts long long time ago.      Wish you good luck . .. . .