Negative Imprints

olivia lane

Howdy again!🤠

I've been fighting this issue for about a week lol

I've cleaned the processing rollers, loading rollers, as well as the rollers in the dyer rack. After cleaning all that it has gotten better but still faintly there. I'm waiting for my silver recovery to be serviced today then I'm going to drain the chemicals and clean the working tanks and subtanks-letting it soak over the weekend with water and bleach. oh! I'll be replacing chemical filters too. 

I'm wondering if I need new rollers (where can I find those specific parts for v-30)

OR if it has anything to do with the temperature of the dryer?

Appreciate any tips or advice😇 

Thank you mini-lab mentors!

IMG_3666.HEIC IMG_3667.HEIC

13 hours ago, olivia lane said:

Howdy again!🤠

I've been fighting this issue for about a week lol

I've cleaned the processing rollers, loading rollers, as well as the rollers in the dyer rack. After cleaning all that it has gotten better but still faintly there. I'm waiting for my silver recovery to be serviced today then I'm going to drain the chemicals and clean the working tanks and subtanks-letting it soak over the weekend with water and bleach. oh! I'll be replacing chemical filters too. 

I'm wondering if I need new rollers (where can I find those specific parts for v-30)

OR if it has anything to do with the temperature of the dryer?

Appreciate any tips or advice😇 

Thank you mini-lab mentors!

IMG_3666.HEIC 477.4 kB · 5 downloads IMG_3667.HEIC 384.31 kB · 2 downloads

It is caused by dirt on the bottom rubber rollers on the processing racks. Normally it is coming from the STB racks, try cleaning the rollers with a toothbrush.

Probably you will need to dump the STB solution and wash out the tanks and mix fresh STB.

On 9/4/2021 at 3:32 AM, Dave S said:

It is caused by dirt on the bottom rubber rollers on the processing racks. Normally it is coming from the STB racks, try cleaning the rollers with a toothbrush.

Probably you will need to dump the STB solution and wash out the tanks and mix fresh STB.

thanks Dave!

I soaked the tanks in bleach over the weekend and found huge dirt particles(almost like sand) in the stb tanks !

I've already scrubbed all the processing rollers with a toothbrush but I will go over it again just In case...

2 hours ago, olivia lane said:

thanks Dave!

I soaked the tanks in bleach over the weekend and found huge dirt particles(almost like sand) in the stb tanks !

I've already scrubbed all the processing rollers with a toothbrush but I will go over it again just In case...

I think you have found the cause of the problem!

It’s a good idea to regularly dump the STB tanks say every 1-2 months.
As the tanks are small it doesn’t take long to do and if done regularly the dirt won’t build up so badly.