SP-2000 10x15 digital export files are not sharp

Sp2000_ppi

• 3 weeks later...

Ah maybe my phrasing is confusing. We use the auto carrier for 135 format. When we scan 135 at the 102c (4x6) print size, the images are sharp as they should be. When we scan the same 135 format film at a larger print size such as 6x9 or 10x15, the images soften drastically. 

The same goes for scanning 120 film square format on the manual carrier. Typically, the 5x5 print size for square frames produce sharp images. When we use 10x10 print size for the same format and film, the images soften. Sometimes detail that is in the 5x5 scans is lost in the 10x10 scans. 

I hope this explanation helps. 

On 10/17/2021 at 5:27 AM, Mikko Kankainen said:

Mine does the same. You need to add sharpness when scanning larger files from A1 scanning computer. 
Or at least that what I do. 

Do you mean sharpness level high 1,2 and 3? Those don’t seem to work. 

• 3 weeks later...

If you use MS01 then scanned files on server automatically stored in .tiff format . Later on software can convert into other format and decrease size ( base ) .

Sharpness depends on software focus adjustments. There two menu to do it.

Also sharpness depends on scanning resolution. To get bigger resolution used micro-movements ( to make pixel interrelation ) . Resolution can  change on software. Also there can correct micro-movement. 

Ask your software supplier and they explain how to adjust everything.