LP1500 UNEXPECTED SHUTDOWN

Forestyl

Hello.
I am running an LP1500 connected to fe computers (DIC2 and FMPC2). Wben the printer startup and reach the Warming Up level, I normally set the printer switch to stand by; but the printer instead shut down completely.
As far as I know, the printer switch is connected to CTL2 and PAC6. So when I power on the printer and disconnect the CTL2, nothing happens; but when I disconnect the PAC6, the printer will shut down comletely.
When I power on the printer and live the power switch to ON, the printer will shut down completely after about 15 minutes.
I checked the switch using multimeter in continuity mode and the switch is fine. I did the same on PAC6, here the multimeter bips but keep displaying OL.
Can it be a power supply failure?

On 12/23/2021 at 5:28 AM, Forestyl said:

Hello.
I am running an LP1500 connected to fe computers (DIC2 and FMPC2). Wben the printer startup and reach the Warming Up level, I normally set the printer switch to stand by; but the printer instead shut down completely.
As far as I know, the printer switch is connected to CTL2 and PAC6. So when I power on the printer and disconnect the CTL2, nothing happens; but when I disconnect the PAC6, the printer will shut down comletely.
When I power on the printer and live the power switch to ON, the printer will shut down completely after about 15 minutes.
I checked the switch using multimeter in continuity mode and the switch is fine. I did the same on PAC6, here the multimeter bips but keep displaying OL.
Can it be a power supply failure?

Hi...

You certainly have a problem with the 5v alpha power supply. Inside the big box there are two sources, 90% of the problems are with the 5V source.  I don't know in your location, but here in Brazil, it is a source that we have successfully fixed the defect.

Alves