Fuji Dx 100 Strange Color Print Problem

Danijel Kovacic

i think the print head is broken....btw, try to perform some "normal cleaning"....if not fix the issue try some powercleaning....if it's no working you can try the last desperate options before send it to Service:

1) turn on the printer, when the head starts to move across the platen pull the power plug immediately, this will free the head from the locked position and allow you to move it manually.
2) Take ORIGINAL Windex wipes and fold them to the width of the platen so they are thick enough to fit between the platen and the print head.
3) Put the folded Windex wipe on the platen and manually move the print head over the wipe. The wipe should be thin enough that the head will pass over it without bunching and thick enough that the print head will make consistent contact with the head once it is in position.
4) Let the head sit on the moist Windex wipe for 3-4 Hours. Once the time has passed, slide the head off the wipe, which will have absorbed a lot of ink and be mostly black, and discard it. plug the machine back in and run a couple power cleaning cycles.

The ammonia in the Windex brakes down the chemical bond between the paper dust (causing the clog) and the ink which bonds with the paper dust and hardens.

On 12/27/2021 at 10:29 AM, Danijel Kovacic said:

Black is missing on photo, even when I start Nozzle Check the Black color is missing

Hi...

Without seeing the check print of the head, it's difficult, but as you said there is no black color, that's the problem, black ink as opposed to yellow is not critical for clogging. If the head is ok, it could be dumper.

Alves

• 3 weeks later...

I get sometimes this same issue on my Epson Surelab D700 (it's the same printer). Nozzles are cloggled or partially clogged. After several nozzle cleaning I get good results again. But sometimes is hard to solve. Technical service advice me to do the cleaning with NEW ink cartridges as the preassure is stronger to the injectors to be cleaned. Then you can put again the old cartridge and store the new one until you finish the old one. Dry ambient, low temperatures and lack of use are not good for the ink, also.

I never get a 100% good test but If the result it's not very bad doesn't affect to the prints.

I tried the windex solution but it didn't work for me. I have to say that i only tried it one time all night. They say that you have to use many days as you need to get good results. As I am in europe and I cannot get Windex I made a mix between non soapy glass cleanner and a little bit of ammonia 80-20% (the gas that produces disolves the dirt). 

7 hours ago, Studio01 said:

I get sometimes this same issue on my Epson Surelab D700 (it's the same printer). Nozzles are cloggled or partially clogged. After several nozzle cleaning I get good results again. But sometimes is hard to solve. Technical service advice me to do the cleaning with NEW ink cartridges as the preassure is stronger to the injectors to be cleaned. Then you can put again the old cartridge and store the new one until you finish the old one. Dry ambient, low temperatures and lack of use are not good for the ink, also.

I never get a 100% good test but If the result it's not very bad doesn't affect to the prints.

I tried the windex solution but it didn't work for me. I have to say that i only tried it one time all night. They say that you have to use many days as you need to get good results. As I am in europe and I cannot get Windex I made a mix between non soapy glass cleanner and a little bit of ammonia 80-20% (the gas that produces disolves the dirt). 

the problem is not the printhead, it's always the pump that gone bad first,because the pump is bad, it caused a lot of air into the dumper. replace the the pump and make sure the dumper is free from air than you're good to go.  i had this expensive lesson before. for start you can check the dumper first, make sure there's only inks not air inside.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

He changed pump cap assembly - Epson p.n 1671471 or Fuji p.n.  FW16G1671471. Faulty pump cap assembly is typical fault on these printers.

Cartridge holder need to change if you have leakage there. Ink leakage is typical fault on printers, where used old type cartridge holders. Later Epson improved cartridge holders. Newer printers, where used improved cartridge holders usually do not have ink leakage.