EZ Controller Setup Machine Limitations

Mike Ross

Hi All, 

Does anyone have any ideas what the limitations are for version 6.6 of the ezcontroller software. I've been trying to install it for days now on a brand new computer. I have the following specifications in the image attached. Any idea if something here could be interfering with the software. It seems that the software installs, but the dongle isn't being recognized. The EZController launcher keeps asking to attach the key and click ok, but then nothing happens and it asks the same question again after a minute or so. 

Any help is much appreciated! 

image.thumb.png.0dd6f2e9b2c75236d18fe0de7c49a2e1.png

1 hour ago, TECNOR said:

If you install EZ software step to step correctly then can you know if really the problem is the dongle.

The best is install all again, for this your pc only need have W10Pro with all your drivers.

I installed it directly from the key. The unofficial Noritsu tech that I bought the software/dongle from is telling me that that it's my computer - but I fail to see how...

4 hours ago, Dave S said:

It could be a Chinese fake dongle, that will only work with the version of EZcontroller it was shipped with, and will only work with Windows 7 and earlier.

While yes I think it's the Chines dongle, I installed it with the CD provided. 

China dongles are ALL version 6.6. they have different way to install .... I heard you have to read the "read me" file inside CD came with dongle ,

China version 6.6  can NEVER upgrade-able in the future that you have to compromise this IF you pay price low.         Live with it like Omicron

I heard also that [ VERY early China v6.6  works on Windows 7 only ].....& ...  [ Latter China v6.6 can work on Windows 10 too ].  need someone to confirm this    

SEEK HELP ,,, check / ask your supplier who took your M$.   his / her responsibility.  

Almost sure it is fake dongle. Fake dongles can work only with exact version and should be installed differently. If to use standard EZ controller and typically install you will have dongle error. Test your dongle at someone, who has EZ controller with original dongle. Guess with your dongle will be the same error.

On 7.40 and 7.41 Noritsu added additional security. These versions by default will not work with fake dongles, or with virtual dongles. Anyway this security also can be bypassed.

On 1/10/2022 at 10:22 AM, Mike Ross said:

Hola a todos

¿Alguien tiene alguna idea de cuáles son las limitaciones para la versión 6.6 del software ezcontroller? He estado tratando de instalarlo durante días en una computadora nueva. Tengo las siguientes especificaciones en la imagen adjunta. Cualquier idea de si algo aquí podría estar interfiriendo con el software. Parece que el software se instala, pero el dongle no está siendo reconocido. El lanzador EZController sigue pidiendo adjuntar la tecla y hacer clic en aceptar, pero luego no pasa nada y vuelve a hacer la misma pregunta después de un minuto más o menos.

¡Cualquier ayuda es muy apreciada!

image.thumb.png.0dd6f2e9b2c75236d18fe0de7c49a2e1.png

it's a lot of RAM and a lot of processor for the software