Noritsu 3412 A2 and A Magazine Adjustment

CyndiLou216

Hello, we purchased a used Noritsu 3412 last year (2021) and it has 4 total magazine compartments. The A2 and A compartment are having trouble printing a straight print. I have attached photos. I have tried the zigzag correction and the exposure advance adjustment. It would seem from the photos attached that something needs to be tightened or straightened manually. The white line in A2 is inconsistent (8x10's in the attached photo) and the white line from the 5x7's coming out of A magazine is way too thick. I printed 10 photos of each at once so I could see the inconsistency.

We are able to print mostly fine from magazines B and C. This is why I think the area in attached photos 3 and 4 needs the adjustment as this is where the paper goes before entering the arm unit.

I can not find any resources on this magazine unit so I'm hoping someone will have some advice for me or different things I can try. It would be awesome if I could get all 4 magazines printing great on this machine.

Thank you in advance to whoever can help me.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5x7 magazine A.jpg

8x10 magazine A2.jpg

about 3 mm crooked.jpg

The quad magazine is notoriously difficult to align, especially A2 - who installed/setup the machine for you? Seek out a 34 series service manual, there are several manual adjustments that can be made outside of the software, and a many step alignment procedure for new installations. 

We have a 3411 and only swap out B+C, leaving A+A2 with the same 4" magazines always. 

3 hours ago, CyndiLou216 said:

Hola, compramos un Noritsu 3412 usado el año pasado (2021) y tiene 4 compartimentos de revistas en total. El compartimento A2 y A tienen problemas para imprimir una impresión recta. He adjuntado fotos. He probado la corrección en zigzag y el ajuste anticipado de exposición. Parecería por las fotos adjuntas que algo necesita ser apretado o enderezado manualmente. La línea blanca en A2 es inconsistente (8x10 en la foto adjunta) y la línea blanca de los 5x7 que salen de la revista A es demasiado gruesa. Imprimí 10 fotos de cada una a la vez para poder ver la inconsistencia.

Somos capaces de imprimir en su mayoría bien de las revistas B y C. Es por eso que creo que el área en las fotos adjuntas 3 y 4 necesita el ajuste, ya que aquí es donde va el papel antes de ingresar a la unidad de brazo.

No puedo encontrar ningún recurso en esta unidad de la revista, así que espero que alguien tenga algún consejo para mí o diferentes cosas que pueda probar. Sería increíble si pudiera obtener las 4 revistas imprimiendo genial en esta máquina.

Gracias de antemano a quien pueda ayudarme.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Revista 5x7 A.jpg

Revista 8x10 A2.jpg

unos 3 mm torcidos.jpg

your control strips still look very pale

21 hours ago, oliphaz said:

The quad magazine is notoriously difficult to align, especially A2 - who installed/setup the machine for you? Seek out a 34 series service manual, there are several manual adjustments that can be made outside of the software, and a many step alignment procedure for new installations. 

We have a 3411 and only swap out B+C, leaving A+A2 with the same 4" magazines always. 

Thank you for the information. I do have the 34 service manual but I guess I'm not looking hard enough for quad magazine alignment in there.

As far as setup, we were in a pickle during our busy school season with 2 of our 3 machines down. We quickly got this one shipped to us, and my boss set it up. We only needed 5" and 10" for school photos, so magazines B and C were all we needed to make it through. Now that we have a slow moment, I thought it would be a good idea to try and get the A's going. Little did I know that this was going to be a big project!

First ensure the machine is perfectly level.

Have a look at Adjusting the zigzagging of the paper magazine mount
In the manual I have it's in section 22100 which starts on page 132, on page 136 it shows you how to adjust A2

Next look at the Paper Guide Width Correction section 36005

After doing that, adjust the paper centre correction and the Arm unit 1 zigzagging correction for each magazine mount and each magazine.

Good luck with it!