Noritsu V30 Error Code 024 - P2 Circulation Pump Stopped

Lumentation

Hi All,

We use a V30 at our shop and we have been receiving the Error Code “024 - Circulation Pump Stopped – P2.” We can no longer use our machine because the code alarm goes off immediately when we turn it on, and reoccurs quickly after we clear the error. 

The one thing we noticed is that the error ALWAYS came up if the film gets stuck while feeding into the machine. We would remove the film, the error would come on for a time, but if we powered down the machine long enough, it would restart fine with a prompt for time/start up checks. Now, regardless of unplugging the machine for days, it resumes processing rather than starting fresh with a prompt for start up checks. We can’t do a close down process because the error interrupts the water refilling process and goes back to warming up the temperature after it’s cleared.

Is there any way to "factory reset" the machine??

We looked through several threads where many people have also had issues with Error 024, and tried some of the solutions but none have worked so far. We also can’t access output check mode because the error popping up keeps blocking access to us navigating the system menu.

Any idea on how to stop the error from interrupting? We’ve tried changing to service mode on the machine but it does not stop this error: 

Turning on dip switch DS2 No.2 on the mainPCB to put the V30 in service mode, does not stop the error. Is there any reason the error code is overriding service mode? Does it have something to do with a system setting or needing the floppy disk?

As for the Service Manual troubleshooting diagnostics:

1. Chemical filter cartridges are all brand new

2. F17 and F18 fuses on PowerPCB1 are good

3. All contacts and connections between cables are fine

4. Cleaned out all circulation pumps –they are fine visually (but how can we tell they’re rotating properly? How can we test their voltage?)

5. PowerPCB1 seems to be working

6. PowerPCB2 seems to be working

7. Main Control PCB seems to be working

We’ve also tried the following ideas from this post: https://www.minilabhelp.com/index.php?/forums/topic/18947-noritsu-qsf-v30p-problems/

-Adjusting the top cover limit switch, but it didn’t help

-We’ve tried to measure the voltage to the STB heater to test the SSR’s, but we keep getting interrupted by the Error code

-We’ve tried Kodak_Service’s idea of switching connectors 138 and 139, and the error number DID change from “024-P2” to “024-P1” showing the PCB is ok, and we’ve also replaced the P2 pump entirely but the error remains. What could be the issue??

Are you sure you replaced the correct pump?
P2 is the second CD circulation pump.

To turn off the error, enter the service mode, open the processor top cover, press Mode, Floppy/Standard setting, Standard setting 3, go down to Pump error, press - to set it to off, press yes, then Mode.

Close the processor lid, if the error is still there, clear it with Yes + No and it will not come back.

If there is an actual problem with the pump not working, you will now get alarms relating to Abnormal Temperature due to the lack of circulation.

You can check the operation of the circulation pumps in input check, processor.

I would only turn the error off as temporary measure as it can cause future problems if it is turned off long term.

P1 is the CD circulation pump while P2 is the bigger CD "filter Pump" or called the "Spray bar" pump

pumps have 3 wires detect pump on/stop signal 

suggest open up P2 to clean inside for garbage, check the impeller to see if it cracks or deforms with age. ( it happened.. )

cracked.JPG

aaa.JPG

7 hours ago, davidlam said:

P1 is the CD circulation pump while P2 is the bigger CD "filter Pump" or called the "Spray bar" pump

pumps have 3 wires detect pump on/stop signal 

suggest open up P2 to clean inside for garbage, check the impeller to see if it cracks or deforms with age. ( it happened.. )

cracked.JPG

aaa.JPG

On the V30 both CD pumps are the small type. Only the V50 and V100 use the large pumps shown in your photo.

On 3/19/2022 at 5:44 PM, Dave S said:

Are you sure you replaced the correct pump?
P2 is the second CD circulation pump.

To turn off the error, enter the service mode, open the processor top cover, press Mode, Floppy/Standard setting, Standard setting 3, go down to Pump error, press - to set it to off, press yes, then Mode.

Close the processor lid, if the error is still there, clear it with Yes + No and it will not come back.

If there is an actual problem with the pump not working, you will now get alarms relating to Abnormal Temperature due to the lack of circulation.

You can check the operation of the circulation pumps in input check, processor.

I would only turn the error off as temporary measure as it can cause future problems if it is turned off long term.

Thank you to all for your help and suggestions! Yes, from my understanding, P1 is the lower CD pump, and P2 is the one above it (shower pump). As you mentioned, with the V30, they are both the same model/size. I was able to turn off the error notification, but I want to make sure we actually fix the problem. 

The pump creates the whirlpool in the top tank, so it appears to be circulating properly, and I can feel it circulating gently when I touch the pump itself. I think it might be a short in the wiring? Which terminals do I use to test the voltage on the output check setting for the pump? When I pull up the input check, it shows that the pump is "off," according to the service manual it looks like it should be "on." Is it a wiring issue? How can I test this? 

IMG_3531.jpg

IMG_3530.jpg

See attached PDF

Item marked *1 is Pump P1 (Circulation)
Item marked *3 is Pump P2 (Shower Pump)

The easiest way to check if the problem is the pump or the wiring is switch the CD pump connectors around with each other, if now the P1 Circulation Pump shows OFF and the P2 Shower Pump goes to ON, the problem will be with the pump.

Pumps.pdf

13 hours ago, Dave S said:

See attached PDF

Item marked *1 is Pump P1 (Circulation)
Item marked *3 is Pump P2 (Shower Pump)

The easiest way to check if the problem is the pump or the wiring is switch the CD pump connectors around with each other, if now the P1 Circulation Pump shows OFF and the P2 Shower Pump goes to ON, the problem will be with the pump.

Pumps.pdf 53.35 kB · 7 downloads

This was very useful! So according to your PDF, I am correct in saying that P2 is the shower pump, located above the P1 pump. I tried switching around the connections for pump P1 and P2, and sure enough, the error now reads: "Error 024 - P1" instead of P2. Doesn't this mean that the wiring is faulty?

4 hours ago, Willow Photo Lab said:

This was very useful! So according to your PDF, I am correct in saying that P2 is the shower pump, located above the P1 pump. I tried switching around the connections for pump P1 and P2, and sure enough, the error now reads: "Error 024 - P1" instead of P2. Doesn't this mean that the wiring is faulty?

Yes you are correct, P2 is the shower pump and it is located above the circulation pump P1.

No, it means the pump is faulty, the error is moving with the pump.

If the wiring was faulty the fault (P2 Pump stopped) would have stayed the same after switching the pump wires.

On 3/24/2022 at 6:28 AM, Dave S said:

Yes you are correct, P2 is the shower pump and it is located above the circulation pump P1.

No, it means the pump is faulty, the error is moving with the pump.

If the wiring was faulty the fault (P2 Pump stopped) would have stayed the same after switching the pump wires.

Thank you so much for your help! It does appear like that is the case, we've ordered a replacement pump and are waiting to switch it out. Hope it will work.