Mr

Dan Brown

If the temperature is going above the set value, it's either due to poor circulation (blocked pump etc) or a faulty heater control relay.

Another cause can be a poor connection of the thermo sensor, the temperature will read lower than it actually is with a poor wiring connection, though this normally will trigger the operation of the safety thermostat when it gets to 42°C

Edited by Dave S

see [ top left corner] of below diagram that all temperature sensors go to the paper processor Main board.  I suggest clean the connector with contact cleaner  and the Main board both surfaces

Is dryer temperature shown ...also abnormal during start up ,, like chemicals ?

If yes, I agree with Dave S that the "A/D conversion" has problem, I think A/D chip on the Main board is possibly defective .

when problem started, was it found in the morning startup     or  a few hours after startup  ?

diagram.thumb.JPG.bf444d7429c889172eacc86de1f65b0c.JPG

see below the location of the paper processor "Main board"  (being circled in red ).

Had any technician adjusted anything on this Main board before problem came ? ? ?

there is also one piece of NVRAM CHIP  ( Non-Volatile Random Access Memory )on board to memorize all settings during power off.

737053264_mainboard.JPG.554af4fffd9c94d9fe14714d125ffa82.JPG)

• 2 weeks later...

David, thanks for jumping in. Sorry its taken a bit to get back to.  Attaching a photo of the two boards,  Not the same, but connector for temp sensors is in the same location.  None of the temp readings match the true temp of the chemistry. DSC_6313.thumb.JPG.dbb76e6f5469edd1f1cb116bbf457ba1.JPG

A little more background on the machine might help.  Its been sitting idle for a year or so.  The connectors for the CD and BF thermistors were a bit dirty, likely from chemistry and I have cleaned them.  I've swapped around the thermistors into different tanks to test and don't think they are the problem as nothing changes in the condition. Also seems really unlikely all 5 would fail unless its something upstream.  Where exactly is the A/D chip?

Do the following experiments:
1. Turn off the developer temperature sensor and record the developer temperature reading on the display.
2. Short-circuit the developer temperature sensor and record the developer temperature reading on the display.

Depending on the results, it will be possible to determine the cause of the problem.