Fuji SP3000 - MFC10AY - Auto Focus Failed

Adrian_

Hi, 

using the manual carrier - MFC10AY - the auto focus system won't work each time I try to scan a 120mm roll. 

Performing the settings under 03 Scanner Adjustment/Maintenance [0321] Focus Position Adjustment: I get the error message W-4412. And under 03 Scanner Adjustment/Maintenance [0347] Focus Calibration: I get the error message W-4832. Checking the manual under W-4412 it seems the problem is related to the carrier; checking the manual under W-4832 it seems that data is damaged it the carrier and that I should replace the CYA23 circuit board - which I assume is in the carrier. 

Can anyone help troubleshooting this? 

I have just purchased the Frontier and I am learning to use it - so I don't understand if it's really a hardware problem, or if I am missing something it setting the scanner. I don't have any problem using the other carrier - the NC 100AY - so I guess the issue is in the MFC10AY.

Thanks in advance for the support.

Best,

Probably  on your film scanner never used MFC10AY and it is not registered. You need to make optical magnification calibration (0346) and focus calibration (0347 menu) . To do these tesrts you need special adjustment chart ( 899C21562A0 ) . It is expensive and hard to find. Ask Fuji engineer who has this adjustment chart.

• 2 weeks later...

Insert manual film carrier with callibration mask. On pre operation menu make light source callibration.

Insert 6 x 6 mask. Go to service menu. Make 0321 ( focus adjustment ) and 0420 ( mask position adjustment ) .

Go to input check and make sure, that mask is detected correctly ( mask pin code ) .

If you will see W-4805 W-4806 errors then you need to make optical magnification calibration (0346) and focus calibration (0347 menu) . To do these tests need special adjustment chart ( Fuji part number 899C21562A0 ) .

If see W-4412 then can be 
Error occurs by specificframe or film - low contrast, heavily curled films, excessively thin or thick mounts, carrier (situation is changed by
carriers or masks) .
Carrier not seated on carrier base correctly - mask not seated correctly, faulty carrier pressure system, scanner (frequent cavses)
Abnormal focus position adjustment value
Loss of synchronization of lens, or conjugate length motor

W-4832 you see, because inserted wrong carrier. On 0347 menu should be inserted adjustment chart.

Edited by Minilab service

• 1 month later...

Hi, thanks for all the information.

The technician from Fujifilm came and found out that the carrier was failing in recognising the calibration mask (and some other medium format ones) - one sensor on the carrier was not properly working and needs to me pushed down by a piece of scotch (the pressure of the masks is not enough to trigger the sensor).
I am writing this for those that may have the same problem - maybe this can help someone.

Using the piece of scotch to press on the pin/sensor is enough to make the carrier working.

Best,

Adrian_