QSS 3300 Color Problem

mike11918

Hoping to get some ideas...I recently converted my QSS 3300 from SM to RA4. Everything went great the first day after conversion. Second day, things went south. some background- both Dev and Bleach racks were swapped out to help with the longer processing time needed for RA. All chemistry was dumped and replaced with fuji RA chemistry. Fuji Dev starter added as per instructions. Like I said, all was good first day. Second day, all prints had a yellow tint and prints do seem faint. I have since replaced all chemistry to eliminate possibility of contamination. I have swapped out AOMs. I have initialized paper twice (each time I swapped out AOM). I just cannot seem to find the issue. Prints remain with yellow tint. Any advice would be great. Attached is a scanned emulsion.

img772.jpg

I'd say it’s more likely to be a chemistry issue with yellow whites.

Could it be bad/ old chemistry in the replenisher tanks/ pipes? Are the replenisher rates correct? Are the rep pumps pumping out the correct amount?

To roughly check the chemistry, put some unexposed paper into the control strip holder and process, see if the whites are white or not.

Edited by Dave S

All filters were replaced. All chemical was replaced with brand new chemistry. Racks were cleaned out before adding the chemistry. Starter was added according to to specs. Regarding replenishing rates, it is brand new chemistry. Has yet to have any prints run through to necessitate replenishing. Going to run a rough control strip with just paper today. 

Ran unprocessed paper through control strip. Yup, it’s yellow. Safe to say it’s chemistry I believe. I’m just unsure as to how or where. I’ve already dumped dev, rinsed out the racks, changed the filter TWICE. I keep getting yellow prints. Same goes for blix and stb. I’ve put brand new chemistry twice through the machine to no avail. 

You now need to determine if it is the CD or BF/ STB that is bad.

If you put unprocessed paper (it doesn't matter if it is fogged) through the BF rack onwards does it come out white? If it does it means the BF and STB is good and the problem is with the CD.

At a guess I would say the CD has got contaminated somehow, if so, I would thoroughly check and clean the replacement CD rack, the centre rollers are hollow and sometimes old chemistry can get trapped inside the rollers causing contamination after a while.

yup, I did exactly this. I put unprocessed paper after dev and sure enough it’s white. Now to refrain and do this whole circus again. I just don’t get it. I already flushed, thoroughly rinsed twice. This will no be the third time.