Kodak 605 big problem

Mapa

Hello, 

my kodak 605 had a little paper Problem, nothing big, i thought... But... 

There is now more connection with win10 possible.  

The Printer is installed, the green led is on, I can print testpages, acces to Printer Menü but if I try to Print it says error, Printer is in error conditions. 

There is no connection, but usb plug is pluged in, it should work! Now today at work, same Problem, another kodak 605.

I uninstall the driver, install New, check new cable, nothing works... Windows doesn't connect the 605 via Printer cable. 

But Display says ready... Green. Go go go 🙂

Dont know what to do, I clean sensor, Update it Bevor to v27, even the updater cant connect The Printer. 

Bit, after un/install driver new, Windows found the Printer and take it in his list of Printers. After that, no more connection. 

I dont know what to do, hope u know this Bug, it seems that the Printer has to reset. But how? Manually? 

Btw tried a fresh new win10 operating System, same error. Tried all usb Hubs. 

Pls help. Thank, greetings from germany. 

it is very strange that two Kodak 605 have the same problem. I would try with another pc/laptop with Windows 7. The Automatic windows updates can create problems.  

Nothing worked, tried Win10, Linux, Kodak Kiosk System, it's Like everything works except the Print job. 

Both 605 get this error after a paper jam like, no error was shown. 

I tried today the original Kiosk System but at booting the System says "Problem with Print Manager" there is no connection it's blocked by Printer... But everything is Green, there is no error. 

Posted (edited)

I can't connect the Firmware via USB. I tried it before, the Printer cant be found. Error shown up. V27 is installed. 

Is there any other way to reset the 605 without Kiosk System? I tried the Kiosk Software, but at booting it shows an error about Printer Manager. 

The Print will not be found from the Kiosk System. 

Could there be a mechanical defect that is the problem? 

Btw on Printer Menu the usb Firmware Shows 00.00 at working 605 there is Version of 21.

How can the Printer lost his own usb driver? 

Edited by Mapa

Hi,

check on control pannel :

1) Donor  %  / Main Fw /    Dsp Fw   / Usb Fw  /  Table  

2) Did you Install an original Kit ?

3) Have you Gs/G4/G4xl/G4xl2 and version Kiosk Software

Checked. Only USB Firmware shows 0000 also at Status Print no Information at USB. Clear white field. 

Again, i can install driver, Windows accept 605, list it, i can choose this printer at Windows printoptions but than appears error after pressing Print. 

And this error at home and at work after a paper jam. I opend the Printer, checked everything... No more ideas. 

Thanks. Like Printer says no,wihtout a reason. 

Posted (edited)

1) donor 71% Main firm 27 dsp firm 20 usb firm 00.00 tablet 22.00

2) yes the Printer printed before the error, hat some error, mecha 11 and sensor 7 but I cleaned sensor and it works. I can print testpages and Status Print but nothing send from Windows to Printer. 

3) See picture thats all I have.

Thanks for ur Support/help. IMG_20220517_143348.thumb.jpg.8ecbdd4f8118a13b10b22e8d8395197f.jpg

Edited by Mapa

My advice is the same of Dave S. It is very strange that you can't  install the firmware. 

You could try again.

https://imaging.kodakalaris.com/it/retailers/retailers-support-downloads

Connects 605 on your laptop /pc

Standalone printers / printer 605 / firmware / Firmware 27.00 / Download and run .exe / Double click on UPDATE.bat .  The release note is wrong

I tried Firmware Update, fresh new win10 system, it appears... 

Can't read Printer Firmware, Press any Button. 

Today I get my 6850, i installed win 11 driver, didnt recognize that it was 11,no matter works perfect on win10. Everything goes, my cp3800dw also works perfect. 

Only 605 not. I install Firmware 27.00 with win10, no Problems, no errors. Win XP is not needed. 

Also wenn I try to install 605 with xubuntu, Linux, i can install, but at the end it appears Problem or error wir Client. 

Is there realy no other Option to reset it? 

Kiosk System, Linux and PC win don't Print but let the Printer install... I can change Setups, ich can all printersystem change... It is there but not printing. 

It looks like your printer is not showing any USB Firmware which is why it is not printing.

Like Technor has suggested try installing the 605  printer Firmware using an old XP computer, possibly the Firmware is not loading into the printer with Windows 10, it maybe something to do with Windows 10 being a 64 bit OS.

31 minutes ago, Mapa said:

Today I get my 6850, i installed win 11 driver, didnt recognize that it was 11,no matter works perfect on win10. Everything goes, my cp3800dw also works perfect. 

Only 605 not. I install Firmware 27.00 with win10, no Problems, no errors. Win XP is not needed. 

Also wenn I try to install 605 with xubuntu, Linux, i can install, but at the end it appears Problem or error wir Client. 

Kiosk System, Linux and PC win don't Print but let the Printer install... I can change Setups, ich can all printersystem change... It is there but not printing. 

31 minutes ago, Mapa said:

It is difficult to understand what the problem is in a chat. The problem seems the usb Firmware that should be 20.00 or 21.00. 

Posted (edited)

I will give XP a try, got a old win XP. Laptop at work for an mitsubishi Printer. 

I will let u know. Could take some time. Thanks All for help. 

Just thinking... What if my Upgrade failed? Instructions say dont close Programm until it is finished... What if I realy damage it with win10? 

Edited by Mapa

By pressing and holding Menu and enter at same time while Power up, it appears... 

Booting up... 

Flash write main

I still try to start it, does anyone know the combination I have to Press? 

1. Install this firmware on your 605, with any windows (by CMD in admin privigeles). It does not determine if the printer is online or not, the firmware will be installed just by being recognized in windows.

2. This firmware will install the base and bring your printer back to life, of course outdated, so it may not recognize the ribbon, that's no problem.

3. Once installed, reboot the printer and check the usb firmware data in the printer menu.(USB, MAIN, TABLE,etc.)

4. When you are sure that the printer is "alive", install the firmware v.27 (2019).

5. Install the latest firmware version. You can download it from the Kodak Alaris website.

6. Do not skip steps, do not advance firmware, the order is important.

Let us know if the solution helped you.

Regards 

605.rar

Thank you, pleae how to install via cmd? 

I tried Double clicking and install as admin but nothing happend, it opens, win ask me to launch this exe but then it closed himself. 

I dont know how to install via cmd. 

Thank you for your help. 

Posted (edited)

I tried to install via cmd, get a tutorial, was easy but nothing happend. Nothing starts. I enter Start ek605upgrade.exe and nothing happens. As admin. 

I can Start my Upgrade, i downloaded at kodak Homepage. But, it starts... Serial number is reading and showing!!! 

But then appears cant find System Firmware. 

Looks Like I have to find out how to start Flash write main

I tried kodak system, i tried so much, nothing works... 

Edited by Mapa

I can't connect the Printer via USB to Kiosk!!!! I tried before, i Start up Kiosk, with Printer connecten via USB cable - > printmanager error.

If i start without USB cable, i open diagnostics add USB cable and the o try to open the 605 Option, nothing... 

I am sure i killed my firmware, how ever. 

On 5/19/2022 at 9:28 PM, eyla0312 said:

1. Install this firmware on your 605, with any windows (by CMD in admin privigeles). It does not determine if the printer is online or not, the firmware will be installed just by being recognized in windows.

2. This firmware will install the base and bring your printer back to life, of course outdated, so it may not recognize the ribbon, that's no problem.

3. Once installed, reboot the printer and check the usb firmware data in the printer menu.(USB, MAIN, TABLE,etc.)

4. When you are sure that the printer is "alive", install the firmware v.27 (2019).

5. Install the latest firmware version. You can download it from the Kodak Alaris website.

6. Do not skip steps, do not advance firmware, the order is important.

Let us know if the solution helped you.

Regards 

605.rar 492.24 kB · 2 downloads

Hello, it works! Thank you sooooo much!!!! I download the folder, but you upload the bin folder, without the upgrade.bat!!!!! I had to copy your upload in a folder, call it "bin" and copy the Firmware update file, the bat to the folder. 

Printer resettet, i am running right now v27 Update..

Thank you so much, hope someone will do something good to in ur life, thank you!!!!