Kodak 605 big problem

Mapa

• 2 months later...

On 5/13/2022 at 10:01 PM, Mapa said:

Hello, 

my kodak 605 had a little paper Problem, nothing big, i thought... But... 

There is now more connection with win10 possible.  

The Printer is installed, the green led is on, I can print testpages, acces to Printer Menü but if I try to Print it says error, Printer is in error conditions. 

There is no connection, but usb plug is pluged in, it should work! Now today at work, same Problem, another kodak 605.

I uninstall the driver, install New, check new cable, nothing works... Windows doesn't connect the 605 via Printer cable. 

But Display says ready... Green. Go go go 🙂

Dont know what to do, I clean sensor, Update it Bevor to v27, even the updater cant connect The Printer. 

Bit, after un/install driver new, Windows found the Printer and take it in his list of Printers. After that, no more connection. 

I dont know what to do, hope u know this Bug, it seems that the Printer has to reset. But how? Manually? 

Btw tried a fresh new win10 operating System, same error. Tried all usb Hubs. 

can you help me... i thing i have a same problem... i'm from indonesian

jimtiwa01@gmail.com

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, eyla0312 said:

@davidlam That great help was $5, considering that I repaired 2 printers that he already thought were dead seems like a joke to me.  But we are better than that believe me.

Regards

Wow so generous! It’s almost a lottery win!
To be honest that’s kind of worse than no payment at all.

You just saved them hundreds possibly thousands of dollars if they had to replace those printers.
I do sometimes wonder how other people’s minds work.

I understand that this is not a commercial forum, so I asked this client for a donation to my PayPal for the accepted solution, which in the end solved a problem that saved him from spending a few hundred dollars.

All this photographic printing equipment is for commercial use, I don't know anyone who has a Noritsu 37 in their living room so that their family can print their photos for free.

So I always ask myself if I'm wrong to request support for providing my solutions to these clients. In the end I have decided to help and give an opinion on matters that may give rise to an idea of the solution, so that the client has an option to help himself, but the solution (if it were defined) will definitely have a cost. This way I avoid feeling mocked by these clients and at the same time the client feels that we help each other here.

Many of those who ask for help in this forum, once they find the solution, don't even say "Thank you", or worse still, they don't even appreciate that this valuable forum is successful. But they continue to provide services and earn for them.

Why don't you go to a technical service? The answer is more than obvious.

It would be good to discuss this topic a bit without the intention of disturbing the administration or the rules of the forum.

Regards

On 8/28/2022 at 1:48 PM, eyla0312 said:

I understand that this is not a commercial forum, so I asked this client for a donation to my PayPal for the accepted solution, which in the end solved a problem that saved him from spending a few hundred dollars.

All this photographic printing equipment is for commercial use, I don't know anyone who has a Noritsu 37 in their living room so that their family can print their photos for free.

So I always ask myself if I'm wrong to request support for providing my solutions to these clients. In the end I have decided to help and give an opinion on matters that may give rise to an idea of the solution, so that the client has an option to help himself, but the solution (if it were defined) will definitely have a cost. This way I avoid feeling mocked by these clients and at the same time the client feels that we help each other here.

Many of those who ask for help in this forum, once they find the solution, don't even say "Thank you", or worse still, they don't even appreciate that this valuable forum is successful. But they continue to provide services and earn for them.

Why don't you go to a technical service? The answer is more than obvious.

It would be good to discuss this topic a bit without the intention of disturbing the administration or the rules of the forum.

Regards

It's a common issue on forums, everyone wants something for free! And people rarely come back to even say thank you after their problem gets solved.

As usual there are always some people who will take advantage of someone else's good helpful nature, unfortunately it's just how it is. What I've noticed over the years is it seems to be the same people asking for help time and time again yet offer nothing in return, some of these are definitely "technicians" I tend to just ignore these people now.

I see nothing wrong in asking for a donation when things become more technically involved, maybe taking things to a private message is the way forward. If someone needs software to fix their problem that is not readily available, then definitely this should be charged for.