Noritsu 3301 - don't recognize paper magazine

Digimati

If I want to change the paper magazine and open the printer door  nothing happens, there will be no warning "Printer Door is open".
And if I change the magazine for example, with another width, the Noritsu won't recognize it. Still shows the previous magazine parameters.

To use the second magazine for example, with another width, I put in magazine what I want to use and restart windows. Only after the restart, I can work with another magazine.
Please help

Another problem. If I want to end the day and press F key then I get a message.
"1013 Outputing" Help guided - Wait until the attention message disappears. The only way to end the day is windows restart. After that, F key works normally.

On 5/20/2022 at 9:48 PM, kodak_service said:

The Selfcheck program cannot run simultaneously with the QSS program. Remove the Qss program from startup and close it. Then run Arcnet Selfcheck.

Thank you! I make new Selfcheck.

test.JPG

As I suspected, you have poor communication on the ARCNET (fibre optic network)

Try removing the fibre optic cables for the scanner, then run the test again and see if you have OK communication on anything now.

To remove the fibre optic cables from the ports, push the black or white ring in, then gently pull out the fibre optic cable.

You need to try to find the fibre optic cables that are causing the network to slow down and run poorly.

Often the ends of the cable will need to be trimmed with a special fibre optic cutter.

On 5/24/2022 at 1:38 PM, Dave S said:

As I suspected, you have poor communication on the ARCNET (fibre optic network)

Try removing the fibre optic cables for the scanner, then run the test again and see if you have OK communication on anything now.

To remove the fibre optic cables from the ports, push the black or white ring in, then gently pull out the fibre optic cable.

You need to try to find the fibre optic cables that are causing the network to slow down and run poorly.

Often the ends of the cable will need to be trimmed with a special fibre optic cutter.

Thank You! do you mean those two optic cables that are located on the PC motherboard?

selftest-02.JPG

No. Need disconnect ARCNET cables connected to scanner. There white round cable, which goes to scanner. Two ARCNET cables inside it. Need disconnect both of them ( black and white rings ) . Then run test. Should be errors only with AFC/scanner control pcb.

If some board has bad ARCNET then might be noise and see errors on whole system. In most cases noise cause connection with AFC/scanner control pcb and processor control pcb. You should see good ARCNET connection on whole system except boards, which are disconnected.

No, you need to keep the 2 black fibre optic cables on the back of PC connected.
As Minilab service has said you need to disconnect the fibre optic cables going to the scanner, this is usually a round grey cable that has 2 fibre optic cables inside it. The top cover of the scanner simply lifts off, then you will see the cables.