Managing printers by QSS Network Service 2.3.0

dtrog

Hello. I am a software engineer working for a large digital print company, using large machine park of many NORITSU QSS minilab printers, like Noritsu QSS 3411, 3201, 3202 

Recently, I have been developing a software for integration of Noritsu  minilab printers with our own production system. I am using the QSS Network Service API with NetOrder TCP/IP Interface Version. Everything works great for dozens of machines QSS 3411, 3201, 3202, all having QSS Network Service versions from 2.1.0 to 2.3.0. I was able to develop the modern programming library to communicate with machines allowing:  

- Reading machine state with solution temperatures, spooler space, usage statistics 

- Reading paper and magazine information's (length, surface, width and more) 

- Reading Errors and Attention Status 

- Reading Print channel information's 

- Loading and managing colour profiles 

- LUT data registration  

- Printing (Order registration, orders queue and history information's) 

Recently my company has installed more machines with new software QSS 3702. They have an EZ-Controller instead of QSS installed and use newer API version - 3.1.1.  I'm having an integration difficulties. I'm able to get some information (not all, for example spooler size info is always zero) and print orders.  On the other hand, I cannot read orders information and history. The only status code I get is -51 (QSS NOT SUPPORT). Documentation says nothing about it and I am stuck here.

I will appreciate any help 

Zrzut ekranu 2022-05-19 104431.png

Zrzut ekranu 2022-05-19 104528.png

Zrzut ekranu 2022-05-19 104556.png

Zrzut ekranu 2022-05-19 104611.png

Minilabs up to QSS3502 ( QSS32, QSS33, QSS34, QSS35  ) are Net order printers.
QSS3501 PLUS and latter ( QSS35 PLUS, QSS37, QSS38, QSS39 ) and Fuji LP7xxx are NPS printers. All Noritsu dry printers and Fuji DL4xx ( made by Noritsu ) are NPS printers also

There are two Noritsu printer driver. One is to print on Net order printers and second - on NPS printers. Can compare them to find difference on older minilabs and newer models.

On 5/20/2022 at 10:15 PM, satyajit said:

hi dtrog as per my knowledge the 32 & 34 are made on same platform but 37 & above series are made with Lan connection so to communicate these 2 diffrent software you will need to have one more software ez-lab

Would you be so kind to tell me more about this ez-lab software? What is it? 

EZ LAB is old and outdated management software with printing server. There can be connected old minilabs ( Net order printers ) and new minilabs and dry printers ( NPS ) . EZ LAB works on Windows XP.

Now to print on new minilabs and dry printers used EZ Controller. If to install connection module there can connect Net order minilabs ( QSS3101-1 and latter ) . EZ controller designed to work on W10 64 bit, but on W11 it works also.

There are two Noritsu print drivers. One is to print on Net order minilabs and second - on NPS printers. I think if compare them can find information, which you need. Print drivers work on any Windows.

• 1 month later...
On 5/29/2022 at 10:32 AM, Minilab service said:

EZ LAB is old and outdated management software with printing server. There can be connected old minilabs ( Net order printers ) and new minilabs and dry printers ( NPS ) . EZ LAB works on Windows XP.

Now to print on new minilabs and dry printers used EZ Controller. If to install connection module there can connect Net order minilabs ( QSS3101-1 and latter ) . EZ controller designed to work on W10 64 bit, but on W11 it works also.

There are two Noritsu print drivers. One is to print on Net order minilabs and second - on NPS printers. I think if compare them can find information, which you need. Print drivers work on any Windows.

Hello,

What do you mean " If to install connection module there can connect Net order minilabs" ? What is connection module ? Software ? Hardware ?

Connection module is software. It is to connect EZ controller and Noritsu Net order minilabs QSS3101-1 and newer ( QSS32, QSS33 QSS34, QSS35 ) . If to install from EZ controller working on W10 64 bit, or W11 64 bit can print all digital orders. To one EZ controller can connect few minilabs, or dry printers.

3 hours ago, Minilab service said:

Connection module is software. It is to connect EZ controller and Noritsu Net order minilabs QSS3101-1 and newer ( QSS32, QSS33 QSS34, QSS35 ) . If to install from EZ controller working on W10 64 bit, or W11 64 bit can print all digital orders. To one EZ controller can connect few minilabs, or dry printers.

Ok, so what is the name of this software (EZ-Lab?) Do you have this software ?

Hello,

We are dealing with two minilabs QSS-3202 (NetOrder) and QSS-3702 (NPS). We also create software that communicates with Noritsu through the use of the QSS Network Service API.
We want to implement all of the commands below, but encountered a similar problem to @dtrog. When we trying get some printers data, the return code is 51 (QSS NOT SUPPORT).
To present the problem, we used the 'QSS Network Service Debugging Tool' program. Below in picture I paste the specifications of minilabs with installed additional software and examples of the used commands.
In the case of QSS-3202, all commands work correctly. In the case of QSS-3702 we can see something wrong:
- Command 09H - returns not all data
- Command 0BH - returns error code 51
- Command 06H - works fine

Ez Controller on the QSS-3702 machine has a QSS interface version 3.3. We have documentation up to version 3.0 so we are convinced that there have been no changes in the interface since version 2.2 for the commands used.
1. Is the problem with the different versions of the QSS interface and version 3.3 has different command handling?
2. Can we get access to the list of EZ Controllers versions and their QSS interface versions?

In a previous post @Minilab service wrote: "Connection module is software. It is to connect EZ controller and Noritsu Net order minilabs QSS3101-1 and newer (QSS32, QSS33 QSS34, QSS35)"
3. Does this also apply to QSS-3702? Or we are missing another software module that will allow improved communication with this newer NPS printer?

We will appreciate any help, thanks 

586742535_noritsu.drawio(1).thumb.png.8ebafdad84cafb59048eb5cdde2bafe7.png

QSS3702 is NPS printer. Do not need connection module to connect it. To connect QSS3702 to EZ controller need install QSS3702 system software ( QSS Printer ) .

QSS3202 is NET order printer. Do not need printer system software. To connect QSS3202 to EZ controller just need connection module.

Both minilabs can connect to the same EZ controller and print on them.

NPS printers - all new minilabs ( QSS350x PLUS, QSS370x, QSS380x,QSS390x) and all dry printers.
NET order printers - all Noritsu minilabs up to QSS3502 ( model without PLUS ) .

On minilabs can print without EZ controller. There are two print drivers. One is to print on NET order printer and other print driver is to print on NPS printers. Compare these print drivers and can see difference.

17 hours ago, Minilab service said:

QSS3702 is NPS printer. Do not need connection module to connect it. To connect QSS3702 to EZ controller need install QSS3702 system software ( QSS Printer ) .

QSS3202 is NET order printer. Do not need printer system software. To connect QSS3202 to EZ controller just need connection module.

Both minilabs can connect to the same EZ controller and print on them.

NPS printers - all new minilabs ( QSS350x PLUS, QSS370x, QSS380x,QSS390x) and all dry printers.
NET order printers - all Noritsu minilabs up to QSS3502 ( model without PLUS ) .

On minilabs can print without EZ controller. There are two print drivers. One is to print on NET order printer and other print driver is to print on NPS printers. Compare these print drivers and can see difference.

question, if i have 3701 and 38 series, can both machines controlled by one computer ? so i do not need 2 operators

From EZ controller can control up to 8 printers, or minilabs. To connect two minilabs to the same computer you need change one minilab IP address.

You can make few printer groups, or use one group. In each group need select main printer.

On which minilab to print you can select on print channel. Also can change printer before print, or on order management menu.

• 2 months later...