Noritsu E-6 processor

newbie2022

Hello. I was looking for E-6 processing machines to see if we can provide E-6 processing service.

I see there are Noritsu R410 and R420 machines, though it is very expensive and very hard to find.

May I ask about these machines and the e-6 chemicals as well?

I believe these processing machines require minimum rolls that need to be processed daily in order to keep the chemicals fresh and stable.

May I ask you how many rolls do the machines require from Noritsu?

And I see there are 6 bath kits and 3 bath kits on the market.

Is there a quality difference or pros and cons between 3 bath and 6 bath kits?

And Is it appropriate to use 3 bath kits for commercial use?

Thank you

The E6 machines are rare but they're out there. AGFA also made one, the FP1-44. I have one in storage in New York which I hope to set up someday but have never actually used it. I could be convinced to sell for the right price. They require the full 6 bath E6 process chemicals available from Fujifilm and maybe Bellini in Europe. They're large machines that would require at least a handful, but probably more like 10-20 rolls per day to keep chemistry in control. You can get away with lower numbers of rolls with increased replenishment and careful tracking of control strips.

23 hours ago, Calebsavage said:

The E6 machines are rare but they're out there. AGFA also made one, the FP1-44. I have one in storage in New York which I hope to set up someday but have never actually used it. I could be convinced to sell for the right price. They require the full 6 bath E6 process chemicals available from Fujifilm and maybe Bellini in Europe. They're large machines that would require at least a handful, but probably more like 10-20 rolls per day to keep chemistry in control. You can get away with lower numbers of rolls with increased replenishment and careful tracking of control strips.

Hello Calebsavage. Thank you for the information. Yes, as you mentioned, we see there are pros and cons when we operate a dedicated E-6 processor. We could probably manage to process 10~20 rolls a day and enjoy the convenience but still would have to consider the cons such as it is quite expensive and there could be no solution when we face the situation for repairing the machine since it's really rare.

We are considering using 3 bath kits on the market but also very interested in having a dedicated machine like you mentioned. Let me know if you are interested in selling it. 

On 6/14/2022 at 10:04 PM, davidlam said:

I found this link telling 3 & 6 baths E-6 processing.  hope you get something from there

https://cinestillfilm.com/blogs/news/no-compromises-cs6-3-bath-process-vs-e-6-6-bath-processing 

Hello davidlam. Thank you for the information. It could be a good solution using 3 bath kits on the market.