Noritsu QSS-3300 Printer Error

Lumentation

Hi everyone,

Our film lab's QSS-3300 printer hasn't been working for a while and we're trying to get it back up and running. When we turn it on, we get this error code: 6901-0200 ARCNET COMMUNICATION ERROR LASER. After consulting the service manual, it suggests that there's something wrong with the fiber optic connections between the LaserPCB and the Main Control PCB, but the terminal connections look fine. 

Is there something else that could be causing this? How do we know if the cables have gone bad, vs the boards? Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

IMG-4099.jpg

I think it is pretty rare for the whole cable to go bad - it will normally be an issue with the ends. Either they have gotten frayed with improper removal and installation or a foreign object is interfering in the terminal. Have you already recut the cable ends and re-seated them?

Special handling should be observed (see arcnet communication diagnosis manual), and there is a special tool for getting the ends cut as squarely as possible, but it is possible to do with a fresh razor blade and a hard surface. It is OK to remove and reinsert the arcnet cables with the machine on.

On 6/9/2022 at 3:57 PM, oliphaz said:

I think it is pretty rare for the whole cable to go bad - it will normally be an issue with the ends. Either they have gotten frayed with improper removal and installation or a foreign object is interfering in the terminal. Have you already recut the cable ends and re-seated them?

Special handling should be observed (see arcnet communication diagnosis manual), and there is a special tool for getting the ends cut as squarely as possible, but it is possible to do with a fresh razor blade and a hard surface. It is OK to remove and reinsert the arcnet cables with the machine on.

They don't seem to be frayed and they fit in the terminals easily enough...doesn't look like there are any foreign or obstructing objects either. I haven't tried cutting them yet, I will try to look into this! If that doesn't work, what would you suggest next? Anything else I could try before having to call a Noritsu service person?