Jump to content

Going through lots of chemistry


ecramer
 Share

Recommended Posts

We have a Noritsu QSS 3702 and noticed we were going through an excessive amount of stabilizer, the issue then moved to Bleach Fix and Developer.

Here's two examples:

Filled the Bleach Fix tank, it completely drains and wants to be refilled after less than 200 prints

Filled the Color Developer, it completely drained and wants to be refilled after less than 13 prints.

These issues with all 3 seem to be sporadic/random. 

We have verified that our replenishment rates are correct.

A tech (someone familiar with the machines but not working at Noritsu) has suggested we have issues with the sensors and they should be replaced. 

Has anyone else run into this issue? Is it possible to just clean the sensors? How difficult are these to replace?

Looking for additional opinions here. 

Thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It is not a sensor issue.

If you make prints with any of the replenisher tanks empty, instead of replenishing it counts up the pump run time (lack time) so when the replenisher tanks are refilled it will run the pumps until the lack time reaches around 0.

Enter the service mode, go to Extension → Processor Settings → Total Replenishment Amount Display

Clear the replenishment lack time.

Lack time.jpg

Edited by Dave S
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, ecramer said:

We have a Noritsu QSS 3702 and noticed we were going through an excessive amount of stabilizer, the issue then moved to Bleach Fix and Developer.

Here's two examples:

Filled the Bleach Fix tank, it completely drains and wants to be refilled after less than 200 prints

Filled the Color Developer, it completely drained and wants to be refilled after less than 13 prints.

These issues with all 3 seem to be sporadic/random. 

We have verified that our replenishment rates are correct.

A tech (someone familiar with the machines but not working at Noritsu) has suggested we have issues with the sensors and they should be replaced. 

Has anyone else run into this issue? Is it possible to just clean the sensors? How difficult are these to replace?

Looking for additional opinions here. 

Thanks.

Sensor is not the issue. If you have problems with the sensors then it will give you error messages right away.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So we are not receiving error messages from any of the tanks. Any idea what could be causing the chemistry to drain and refill so quickly?

We've already checked our replenishment rates and they are correct.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Dave S said:

It is not a sensor issue.

If you make prints with any of the replenisher tanks empty, instead of replenishing it counts up the pump run time (lack time) so when the replenisher tanks are refilled it will run the pumps until the lack time reaches around 0.

Enter the service mode, go to Extension → Processor Settings → Total Replenishment Amount Display

Clear the replenishment lack time.

Lack time.jpg

I've attached a screenshot of our computer; while I can access the total replenishment I don't have an option to clear the lack time. Thoughts?

20220711_114943.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Your problem is the lack time is 3600 seconds, which means the replenisher pumps are going to pump continually for 3600 seconds.

Enter the service mode F1 then F9 password is 2260, then the clear button will appear so you can reset it to 0

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was able to clear the replenishment lack time and it seems to be working as we filled the developer and bleach fix before starting our print runs today and didn't have to refill either. I'll give it a day or two of running to make sure we are fixed ! Thank you!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A few final questions:

We resolved the 3600 sec. lack time and are now at 9 sec. (8 sec. yesterday).

Is this something we should be clearly daily or periodically?

Also, I didn't clear the totals in the developer, bleach fix and stabilizer. 

Should those be cleared as well?

Thanks again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, ecramer said:

A few final questions:

We resolved the 3600 sec. lack time and are now at 9 sec. (8 sec. yesterday).

Is this something we should be clearly daily or periodically?

Also, I didn't clear the totals in the developer, bleach fix and stabilizer. 

Should those be cleared as well?

Thanks again.

No it normally manages itself and you don't need to touch it.
It's normal for it to show a low value in there, it's just due to how it calculates the paper square meter usage.

The totals are just to tell you how much chemistry has been used (since it was last cleared) it makes no difference to the operation of the machine.


The lack time will only build up to a high value if:-

1. The replenisher switch has been turned off while still printing.
2. Any one of the replenisher tanks is alarming as empty while prints are still being made.
3. The waste tank is full error while prints are still going through the machine.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...