Changing the battery on FP232B?

diemaschine

I'm experiencing some issues with my FP232B which my tech tells me may be the result of a dead battery on the controller board. I tried to measure it first while still installed but the test leads on my multimeter couldn't reach the - side and the battery itself seems quite fixed into place/I didn't want to force anything. Do I have to desolder something here? Or what's the correct way to remove & replace it?

It was so many years ago when I changed the battery.
I don’t remember the whole process in details, but I remember that we soldered (it was a battery from a home wireless phone) first to the battery’s native legs/contacts so that the processor settings would not go astray.

Posted (edited)

My tech is retired and lives about 5 hours away. So far I'm lucky if I can get him to come every 6 months. It just looks like a 3V lithium, something like a 2032 but I can't really read it. Theres a rubber ring around the outer part that makes it difficult to get under with the lead. I asked my tech if I need to watch out for anything while switching it and he told me no.

Edited by diemaschine

• 4 weeks later...