Noritsu 3300 Arcnet error

RA4lover

Hi,

Thanks in advance for reading and helping !

I'll try to describe the problem as short as possible:

printer: Noritsu QSS-3300 with S4 scanner attached.
The machine has been working fine since 2006, with a move to a new location 3 years ago.

One day it was working fine, the next day I got:
error: '6901-2000 ARCNET communication error. PC-Scanner Interface PCB'
Actions I preformed:
action: I cut the arcnet cables of PC-Scanner Interface PCB, Scanner, PC-laser interface

action: I checked and cleaned the ARCNET connections and cables on
- PC-scanner interface PCB
- PC-laser interface PCB
- AFC/scanner control
- Printer control PCB
- Laser control PCB

action: The AFC/scanner control PCB had a lose ARCNET connector, so I replaced the board with a new refurbished board, with no effect on the error.

Both ARCNET cables on the PC-scanner Interface PCB give a strong light (In in and out out of course)
Both ARCNET cables in the AFC/scanner control give a strong light

The Self Check Application gives no communication with 'PC-Scanner Interface PCB'
The System Version Check gives no communication with 'PC-Scanner Interface PCB'

Everything seems to say the 'PC-Scanner Interface PCB' is broken and needs to be replaced.
Q1: Am I correct or did I mis something?
Q2: Can I replace just the 'PC-Scanner Interface PCB' or do I have to replace the 'PC-laser interface PCB' as well, as they are closely connected with a special connector?

Thanks in advance!

Marc

9 hours ago, Dave S said:

Can you see the 2 NKC devices normally in the Windows device manager?

Thank you for your reply, in the Windows device manager I can only see 1 card: PC-Laser I/F (multi CPU Support)

If the PC-scanner interface PCB is working; would I see that too?

15 hours ago, PHOTOLABPART.COM said:

Respected Sir 

please check connector J/P 475 CONNECTED TO PC- SCANNER INTERFACE PCB ,

J/P 437 INPUT POWER SUPPLY +5V) FROM ATX POWER SUPPLY 

2000 CODE IS FOR SCANNER I/F PCB REMOVE CLEAN AND REFIX IT AND CHECK ALL CONNECTORS 

THANKS 

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately I don't have a power measure device right now, but the LED on the PC-scanner interface PCB is burning and the ARCNET-out cable gives a bright red light.

Might that mean the power is ok?

40 minutes ago, Minilab service said:

Software upgrade can do only for PC-scanner interface pcb. PC-laser interface pcb doesn't need upgrade software ( no possibility to do it ) .

Yes, QSS3300 computer boards are the same on QSS32, QSS33, but only models with SD.

Thank you for your reply. I seems the PC-scanner interface PCB is not being recognized, no other device is communicating with it. What effect would a software upgrade have?

15 minutes ago, RA4lover said:

Thank you for your reply, in the Windows device manager I can only see 1 card: PC-Laser I/F (multi CPU Support)

If the PC-scanner interface PCB is working; would I see that too?

Yes there should be 2 devices listed.

Have you tried removing it from the motherboard and re-fitting it?

It could be a bad PCI socket on the motherboard of the card is faulty.

16 minutes ago, Dave S said:

Yes there should be 2 devices listed.

Have you tried removing it from the motherboard and re-fitting it?

It could be a bad PCI socket on the motherboard of the card is faulty.

Hello Dave, The PC-scanner interface PCB is NOT connected directly into the motherboard of the PC. It is connected to the PC-laser interface PCB.

51 minutes ago, RA4lover said:

Hello Dave, The PC-scanner interface PCB is NOT connected directly into the motherboard of the PC. It is connected to the PC-laser interface PCB.

Ok, I couldn't remember exactly!

It's worth removing the board from the PCI slot, and separating the scanner interface PCB from it, then reconnecting it again, just in case the cause is bad connections. Check the power cable is connected to the back of the scanner interface PCB, unplug and re-plug this also from both ends.

26 minutes ago, Dave S said:

Ok, I couldn't remember exactly!

It's worth removing the board from the PCI slot, and separating the scanner interface PCB from it, then reconnecting it again, just in case the cause is bad connections. Check the power cable is connected to the back of the scanner interface PCB, unplug and re-plug this also from both ends.

Hello Dave, this morning I did just that but unfortunately the error is still there.

When you have 6901-2000 ARCNET communication error ( PC-Scanner Interface PCB ) that means computer see PC- Laser Interface PCB, but doesn't see PC-Scanner Interface PCB. 

PC-Scanner Interface PCB is connected not directly, but through PC- Laser Interface PCB . So can be faulty PC-Scanner Interface PCB, or PC- Laser Interface PCB ( part of circuit, which is responsible for communication with PC-Scanner Interface PCB . 

Check PC-Scanner Interface PCB connections. Make sure, that you have power supply on PC-Scanner Interface PCB.

PC- Laser Interface PCB and Scanner interface PCB can test on QSS3300, QSS33xx SD and QSS32xx SD. 

I think PC-Scanner Interface PCB is faulty and you need replace it. Other possibility - remove PC-Scanner Interface PCB, remove scanner and install PRO software. Then have stand alone printer ( without scanner ) . 

If need I have J391049 ( PC-Scanner Interface PCB ) . Also can help convert QSS3300 into QSS3300 PRO. Write private message, if need anything.