Noritsu 3704 problems in high light area

defotoboer

My Noritsu 3704 HD with laser used about 4500 hours have many problems in high light area, the light area dousnt show any contrast any more.

Chemistry in top condition,i did follow replacement files and run initial set up,also the colorimeter data disk read again,did also manual high light correction but still no improvement,also my profiles did not give any improvement,all self diagnostics come out ok and no single problem or error occurs.

Any one a sugestion for repairment or any adjustment ?

with kind regards ...de foto boer

On 10/8/2022 at 12:58 AM, Tomas said:

Check the conditions of your calibration plate. If your plate is not the ceramic type then for sure this is the problem why you can’t get contrast of your prints out.

I was going to say exactly that, check if it is yellow compared to a white sheet of paper.

Thanks for all reply's sofar,i will post some prints when i have the time,my plate is ceramic and i have the data disk,i swaped out the meter with other machines (we have 9 of those) but no improvement,i am at the moment in the process of ordering a new laser controller (we can allway's use it as a spare) to se of this brin improvements.

Thanks sofar with kind regards

defotoboer

In the balls one can see that i am missing the lower parts of the light,also its not sliding but laser takes steps,..i ordered all ready a laser control try to solve it with that...all diagnostics come out ok,no errors or other strange things.... i keep on searching

img008.jpg

img009.jpg

img010.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/10/2022 at 4:26 PM, kodak_service said:

Post a printscreen with colorimeter readings. This is the most useful information in your situation.

Ahh..ok..i will do that,you mean calibration data and disk readings... ok no problem...this monday i will place it in this discusion.

Thanks for the tip

• 3 weeks later...

No sit..no problem in the maximum black,..all chemistry well into tolerance,..initial setup done with laser intensity...replaced the laser controller board and set it up again...but in the highlight still the problem,..when i have a darker print well of color because in for example the magazine setup is not yet done,..then i have the highlight ok,.....so the laser is out of range in my opinion.......i wanted to adjust the beams of the laser trying to ingrease the light intensity but no manuals for this or no tutorials or such to find on the internet,i am a former field service engineer and did a lot of work on fuji and agfa lasers so i know the principles of laser beams and adjustments..... but in this case its a little bit different.... still looking for a solution..we have 9 noritsu machines and the machine with the problem is the newest with the type c 140xxxxxx laser no aom driver green.....

A screen shot of the 22 step readings from the colorimeter (daily setup or emulsion print) would be useful.

The easiest way to see if the laser is mildly fogging the paper is by putting some black tape on a section of the pressure guide to partially block the laser beam, if the laser is fogging the part with the tape will be whiter than the rest of the print.

Edited by Dave S