Interpreting daily measurement value qss 30

Tengi2

6 hours ago, TECNOR said:

First check condition chemical, if this is good then replace calibration plate.

Thank you for your reply, I just want to understand the numbers, instead of blindly axcepting them, otherwise every thing is fine.

The main thing to check is if the corrections value the machine is giving matches the colour of the print. For example if the print is a neutral grey and the correction is -0.1Y +9.7M 0.0C +1.2D obviously something will be wrong, so don’t enter that correction!
Also if the colour of setup print was good the previous day, now it’s way off, look into the reason why, before entering any correction value.

Step 8 is like the reference step and should read 90 90 90, the machine will add corrections to try to achieve this.

Step 1 is the white and is largely influenced by the age/ type of paper and the condition of the chemistry (mainly STB and BF).

The last step 18 is the black, this is largely influenced by the condition of the chemistry (mostly CD).

There are other factors that will also affect the readings like the age and condition of the calibration plate. Also different paper types will have different responses; the professional papers tend to have a better black so the values of step 18 will be higher.
Something like 2.10-2.50 is ideal for step 18, any value of 3.00 or higher will normally be caused by a bad calibration plate.

I think the colorimeter stop positions may need to be calibrated on your machine as the step 18 is reading lower than step 17 on the Y.

I’d also say the CD is a bit weak as the blue (Y) value is low.

Thank you Dave S, this is what I was looking for. I will try to consider your observation

On 11/11/2022 at 3:57 PM, Dave S said:

The main thing to check is if the corrections value the machine is giving matches the colour of the print. For example if the print is a neutral grey and the correction is -0.1Y +9.7M 0.0C +1.2D obviously something will be wrong, so don’t enter that correction!
Also if the colour of setup print was good the previous day, now it’s way off, look into the reason why, before entering any correction value.

Step 8 is like the reference step and should read 90 90 90, the machine will add corrections to try to achieve this.

Step 1 is the white and is largely influenced by the age/ type of paper and the condition of the chemistry (mainly STB and BF).

The last step 18 is the black, this is largely influenced by the condition of the chemistry (mostly CD).

There are other factors that will also affect the readings like the age and condition of the calibration plate. Also different paper types will have different responses; the professional papers tend to have a better black so the values of step 18 will be higher.
Something like 2.10-2.50 is ideal for step 18, any value of 3.00 or higher will normally be caused by a bad calibration plate.

I think the colorimeter stop positions may need to be calibrated on your machine as the step 18 is reading lower than step 17 on the Y.

I’d also say the CD is a bit weak as the blue (Y) value is low.