QSS30 REPORTED ERROR CODE NO 6074- 0004 AND 6073-0003

Tengi2

Hi Every one,

My qss 30 today have experienced the above errors, with code no 6074-004 (B-LASER control error) and 6073-003 (synchronous sensor error) and some time error code 6073-002 pop up. I have swapped the laser driver pcb but the errors persist. I entered the service mode and navigated to laser light source section, the section is as shown on the image attached,it shows "Asynchronous" is active on laser synchronous sensor, "NO GOOD" is active on  B laser output status and lastly "NO GOOD" is active on  B laser Stabilized operation status. Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks

IMG_20231126_184645_897.jpg

If laser preheated, but B laser status "No Good" then B laser head doesn't work. Try to run laser autotuning. If auto-tuning will not work, or status will not be good then need change B laser head, or laser unit. Your laser is A type. B and G laser heads made by Shimadzu. Have to use the same laser head. If to change laser unit it can be the same ( A type ) , or different ( B type + two laser drivers ) .

4 hours ago, Minilab service said:

Check levels on B laser driver ( 12 pin connector ) . If incorrect levels are on laser driver outputs ( B laser output and B laser stabilized operation ) then laser I/O pcb replacement will not help and you need other B laser head, or other laser unit. 

How Can I check the levels on 12 pin connecter? Do you mean measuring the voltage output through those 12 pins?

9 hours ago, PHOTOLABPART.COM said:

RESPECTED SIR 

PLEASE CHECK

1 The G laser synchronous signal does not enter within the specified period to the synchronous sensor PCB. FOR 6073-0002

2. 6073-0003 The B laser synchronous signal does not enter within the specified period to the synchronous sensor PCB.

Thank you for the replay, but unfortunately I don't have any idea on how to check B and G laser synchronous signals, I am sure I can do it if it does not require high tech instruments and skills, just give me the how to.

Thanks

It is not problem with synchronization. You can ignore what was written about it.

Problem is that B laser head doesn't work properly. Status on your screenshot - levels on laser driver outputs ( for Blue laser - 12 pin connector J/P817 ) . You can take multimeter, measure voltages there and see what you have on outputs ( between ground, and output ) .

If you do not know how to measure levels then better ask engineer. Laser is not a job for beginners.

8 hours ago, Minilab service said:

It is not problem with synchronization. You can ignore what was written about it.

Problem is that B laser head doesn't work properly. Status on your screenshot - levels on laser driver outputs ( for Blue laser - 12 pin connector J/P817 ) . You can take multimeter, measure voltages there and see what you have on outputs ( between ground, and output ) .

If you do not know how to measure levels then better ask engineer. Laser is not a job for beginners.

The voltage on p817 is zero across each pin and ground, also zero voltage register across Resister R2 on B laser driver.

It is impossible. You measured something wrong, or your multimeter doesn't work. Green laser head works, so you have power suppliers. Power suppliers are the same for Green and Blue.

On your Blue - only two outputs have wrong status. All other are correct, so you should see all that on J/P817 . Levels need measure when connector is connected to laser driver. Need connect from top.

You are correct MINILAB SERVICE, I measured while the Jack J817 was unplaged, so I redo the measurement with the jack plaged, the following voltages were registered.

Pin 1 (P1) = 5V,    P2=4.8V,    P3=4.8V,    P4=0.0V,        P5=0.16V, P6=5.0V,.    P7=5.0V,       P8=0.16V P9=0.16V,    P10=0.16V,   P11=0.0V and  P12=0.0V

The voltage across resistor R2 on B laser driver still register 0.0V

Better to test your laser head type A (qss30/31)  directly on the lab.
Measure hanging resistor (the biggest one  1 Ohm 5W) on laser driver on running lab with tester preset in mode 2V.

Wait for the end of warming time ( ~ 7 min) and measure the voltage on this resistor.
The working laser will have a voltage range of no more than 0,5-0,8 V.
The non-working laser will show - approximately 1.2 V

Please be careful- a short circuit is highly possible to happen if you touch by tester's pins each other while measuring!   

Your measurement was useless. Do not know why to measure voltages when B laser still OFF. Wait until laser unit will be preheated and minilab turn ON it.

Go to input check menu. Only when see what is on your screenshot you can measure voltages. Then you can see are  B laser output and B laser stabilized operation levels on driver connector are good, or not.

I have tried to replace the laser control PCB No.390640, with the old one, I removed sometime ago after showing misbehaviour, the B laser control error, is gone and the voltage across, Resistor R2 (1omh, 5W) is 0.7V and all information about B laser on the input section read as OK, "NO GOOD" is inactive, and instead some of the G laser information turn into "NO GOOD" and the G laser control board error is on the air. So I suppose the replacement of a knowing good laser control board will solve the issue.

Look on input check. Are G laser output and G laser stabilized operation "No Good" , or different positions? If you see the same what was on Blue might be you accidentally messed connectors. 

If both laser control boards are not working I have fully working boards - Laser control pcb (J390640) and Laser I/O PCB (J390641) .

On 12/1/2023 at 11:28 AM, Minilab service said:

Look on input check. Are G laser output and G laser stabilized operation "No Good" , or different positions? If you see the same what was on Blue might be you accidentally messed connectors. 

If both laser control boards are not working I have fully working boards - Laser control pcb (J390640) and Laser I/O PCB (J390641) .

The input check is as shown on the attached photo, 

IMG_20231203_094933_427.jpg

Edited by Tengi2

• 4 months later...

Update:

Three weeks ago, I managed to solve this problem after the arrival of an engineer, he suggested the replacement of the whole laser unit with the drivers, so we replaced the type A laser unit with type B laser unit with it's drivers, now the machine is working again. The type A laser unit is down with it's faulty drivers.