Noritsu v50 056 error

Jason_

Hi all!

All of a sudden my V50 welcomed me today with 056 error. So far I have checked:

- cables =all OK

- connected another display with PCB =same error

- LED 6 is not flashing

Is my main PCB dead? Can I fix it somehow? How to check witch component failed?

Thank you in advance for your help!

2 hours ago, TECNOR said:

All error found in the manual service.

I did check it, just wanted to know if those who know more than me have any idea if it's fixable or fired for good. Your comment brings nothing to the conversation. 

Edited by Jason_

since Jason_ you had checked & said all cables ok and Main board LED6 is not flashing... I think ( you knew already) you might need a Main board for replacement trial.... unless you dare to initialize eeprom data for a (high risk - not recommended ) ultimate trial perhaps 

[056 error no.] means  "Communication problem between Main and Display" <--  From service manual

NOBODY knows  IF  you can fix the Main board ... nor teach you what components-on-board to be replaced. We don't want to make thing worse.

Suppliers are happy to supply you a replacement Main board part no. J340033

Good luck and Merry Christmas to ALL !     Excuse me for bringing nothing to the conversation IF you think so.

If the LED is not flashing it means the CPU is not running.
Check all the voltages are present and correct.
From memory there are 2 voltage regulators on that board.

Try connecting the board with just the display and the voltage inputs connected, to eliminate any possible external short circuit.

As to what has failed (assuming the board is faulty) is anyone’s guess, nobody can give you the answer without diagnosing the fault at board level.

14 minutes ago, Dave S said:

If the LED is not flashing it means the CPU is not running.
Check all the voltages are present and correct.
From memory there are 2 voltage regulators on that board.

Try connecting the board with just the display and the voltage inputs connected, to eliminate any possible external short circuit.

As to what has failed (assuming the board is faulty) is anyone’s guess, nobody can give you the answer without diagnosing the fault at board level.

Thank you Dave, I'll do the checks. I wasn't expecting any magic online PCB testing, just a little guide where to look for an faulty component. These boards are not more than just ab electronic piece of equipment.

Thanks!

6 hours ago, Jason_ said:

Thank you Dave, I'll do the checks. I wasn't expecting any magic online PCB testing, just a little guide where to look for an faulty component. These boards are not more than just ab electronic piece of equipment.

Thanks!

7912CT 25in 12.9 out

7812CT 22in 12out

Just for the reference :)

Voltages present and correct. More testing tomorrow. :)

8 hours ago, Jason_ said:

Thanks!

That’s a bit like saying a car is just a metal box with an engine and 4 wheels!

This board is far more complex than it looks, it is basically a computer, there could be a million different reasons why it is not working.

Replacing the faulty part is easy, diagnosing what is faulty is another story.