Noritsu QSS 3011 keyboard and disk not working

manudieg

Hey guys

Today i changed the monitor of my QSS 3011 minilab but after turning it on, it started showing the message:

Award for preboot agent

It seems that it didnt recognize the disk somehow?

Then, after starting it again, i opened the BIOS using F1 and F9, it went through some scans and finally booted windows, but the mouse and keyboard stopped working.

Is there a way to configure it to the original configuration?

I don't have any minilab software cd so where could i find it?

Thank you in advance and have a good one

The mouse and keyboard are PS2 connections, they don't need any software to operate.

Check the mouse and keyboard are properly plugged in and that they are in the correct PS2 socket. The green socket is for the mouse, the purple socket is for the keyboard.

You could use a USB mouse and keyboard, though the Noritsu keyboard will not operate if a PS2 keyboard is not connected.

@Dave S

Hey man! Thanks for the idea. I got the minilab working, it seems that the boot order got messed up. And that's why the:

Await for preboot agent message popped up

Fixed it disconnecting the Noritsu keyboard (the one with START/ORDER keys, etc...) which was connected on the purple PS2 socket of the motherboard, and was connected to another board on the other end. I used a normal ps2 keyboard to enter the BIOS and setup the boot order correctly

It's not clear why I couldn't use the other keyboard I had (not the one I mentioned at first, but a qwerty one), but once I got the system booting it started working

12 hours ago, Dave S said:

The mouse and keyboard are PS2 connections, they don't need any software to operate.

Check the mouse and keyboard are properly plugged in and that they are in the correct PS2 socket. The green socket is for the mouse, the purple socket is for the keyboard.

You could use a USB mouse and keyboard, though the Noritsu keyboard will not operate if a PS2 keyboard is not connected.

Thanks again and happy holidays 🫶

13 hours ago, manudieg said:

@Dave S

Hey man! Thanks for the idea. I got the minilab working, it seems that the boot order got messed up. And that's why the:

Await for preboot agent message popped up

Fixed it disconnecting the Noritsu keyboard (the one with START/ORDER keys, etc...) which was connected on the purple PS2 socket of the motherboard, and was connected to another board on the other end. I used a normal ps2 keyboard to enter the BIOS and setup the boot order correctly

It's not clear why I couldn't use the other keyboard I had (not the one I mentioned at first, but a qwerty one), but once I got the system booting it started working

Thanks again and happy holidays 🫶

Maybe a key was stuck down on either the Noritsu keyboard or on the main keyboard.

Glad it’s all working now.

Happy Holidays to you too 🎄