Troubleshooting Needed: Noritsu R-420 Film Processor - Drive Switch and Dryer Activation Issue

FaridG

Hello everyone,

I'm encountering a problem with my Noritsu R-420 E6 film processor and would appreciate any advice or insights.

The issue starts when the working tanks reach their set temperature. The screen prompts me to turn on the drive switch. I do this, and the motor engages correctly. However, the machine doesn't seem to recognize that the drive switch is on, which in turn means the dryer also doesn’t activate.

I've identified a specific part of the machine related to this issue: 

When this component (I'm not certain if it's a breaker or something else) is switched on, it powers on the dryer and the machine seems to recognize that the drive is on. Unfortunately, this switch doesn’t maintain its position. It turns off after a variable amount of time, ranging from a few seconds to several minutes, or even hours. (I attached a photo)

Any guidance or solutions for this problem would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your help.

Best regards, Farid

IMG_0737.JPG

It could be the contactor itself that is faulty.
Check if you have voltage on the white wires (100v AC) when in the fault condition.

Check the contacts are clean on the clear relays that plug into the relay board.
I don't have any wiring diagrams for the R-420 so I don't know which relay does what, you may be able to trace where the white wires go to.

Also check the resistance of the drive switch itself, maybe the switch has high resistance.

Edited by Dave S