Fuji Frontier MS software paper types defined as letters?

Liviu Georgescu

Hello again, in my MS software papertypes, before registering them and print the gama are registered as letters, from A to J. In the user manual, they appear as paper names, for expample Crystal Archive Everyday or something. The odd part is that the prints are diffrent so each letter seems to corespond to a different paper type hence the color calibration is diffrerent from one type to another. Do you have any ideea how can I figure wich is wich? Thanks! 

Letters can see on paper datasheet. There should be table with calibration data for various printers. For example Fujicolor Crystal Archive Super Type PDN Paper :
https://asset.fujifilm.com/www/us/files/2020-02/1dd2d0471e1e22dab01920a463588916/Fujicolor_Crystal_Archive_Paper_Type_PDn.pdf
On Frontier 
7 series printers ( for example LP7200 ) need select B-1 profile.
If installed Noritsu software ( QSS3702 PLUS ) then need select profile 157 ( should be installed profile data Vol.3 N4.54,. or newer ) .

The same with all other papers

Didn't see "Crystal Archive Everyday paper". Probably it has some other name.

Letters for old Fuji papers can find on Frontier LUT Paper Table.

Ok, so I have found the letters corresponding to each paper type. Even with this, I still get error no. 06082-00511. Also, I defined a second type of paper wich is Glossy DPII and after all was ok I have found a new issue. Hence it is the second paper type, the lab shows it as GlossyB. In my MS software, I can only chose GlossyA, LustreA but GlossyB is nowhere to be found. Neither in the Printing Menu, neither on available Papers loaded. Is there  a solution to add this in MS01 software? I search on the soft, the only papers that shows as B are some silk papers. I can't understand this software. Is there a good manual for this software anywhere? Thanks!

Edited by Liviu Georgescu

What is a paper, which gives 06082-00511 ( exact paper name and paper surface )  ? What are minimal and maximal values, when you measure test print? Is calibration plate plastic, or ceramic? Is it old, or new?

Minilab manuals are for LP7200 and similar models ( Fuji and Noritsu ) . There information only about printer hardware and printer maintenance menu.
Also are sets of MS manuals. Manuals for version 3.1 ( XP ) and version 4.2 ( W7 32 bit ) - CD PP3-M1020E .

Fujicolor Crystal Archive Digital Paper Type DPII LP7 series profiles are I-1 ( Glossy and  Lustre ) , or I-2 ( Matte / Silk ) .  This paper has deeper D-MAX ( about 2.35 ) . That is the reason, why you do not see error 06082-00511 ( setup Blue Dmax setting value is out of allowable range ) .
Fujicolor Crystal Archive Digital Paper Type DPII datasheet :
https://asset.fujifilm.com/www/us/files/2020-02/58a3cafc83258dfc2560379e38fab76b/Fujicolor_Crystal_Archive_Paper_Type_DPII.pdf

28 minutes ago, Minilab service said:

What is a paper, which gives 06082-00511 ( exact paper name and paper surface )  ? What are minimal and maximal values, when you measure test print? Is calibration plate plastic, or ceramic? Is it old, or new?

Minilab manuals are for LP7200 and similar models ( Fuji and Noritsu ) . There information only about printer hardware and printer maintenance menu.
Also are sets of MS manuals. Manuals for version 3.1 ( XP ) and version 4.2 ( W7 32 bit ) - CD PP3-M1020E .

Fujicolor Crystal Archive Digital Paper Type DPII LP7 series profiles are I-1 ( Glossy and  Lustre ) , or I-2 ( Matte / Silk ) .  This paper has deeper D-MAX ( about 2.35 ) . That is the reason, why you do not see error 06082-00511 ( setup Blue Dmax setting value is out of allowable range ) .
Fujicolor Crystal Archive Digital Paper Type DPII datasheet :
https://asset.fujifilm.com/www/us/files/2020-02/58a3cafc83258dfc2560379e38fab76b/Fujicolor_Crystal_Archive_Paper_Type_DPII.pdf

Error is not always the same. It gives a calibration error, I attached also some files with all requested. Plate is old, I suspect plastic. I also made a picture of it. From service manual one possible cause would be the scanner not having proper advance for the paper and maybe it reads same column twice and this way the error is always diffrent, but still a calibration one. Also attached a gamma print for a paper and with the black nunaces test wich look green.

WhatsApp Image 2024-02-22 at 00.33.57_5b0806de.jpg

WhatsApp Image 2024-02-22 at 00.35.29_387f08c8.jpg

WhatsApp Image 2024-02-22 at 00.35.19_8bc765ca.jpg

WhatsApp Image 2024-02-22 at 00.35.05_e37c681a.jpg

WhatsApp Image 2024-02-22 at 00.34.46_128a9cc0.jpg

WhatsApp Image 2024-02-22 at 00.34.33_ce6d976a.jpg

WhatsApp Image 2024-02-22 at 00.34.15_459507f1.jpg

WhatsApp Image 2024-02-22 at 00.52.35_0b73b665.jpg

WhatsApp Image 2024-02-22 at 00.52.50_4748d64f.jpg

WhatsApp Image 2024-02-22 at 00.53.07_3f80a803.jpg

Edited by Liviu Georgescu

In my software as in first picture I only get to chcose LusterA, GlossyA, MatteA. How can I define or make there to have also option for GlossyB? When I register a new type of paper, either glossy or raster, the software see it as GlossyB or RasterB hence it is second type of paper. If I define a 3rd one, will be GlossyC. I can print gamma calibration for example, but I cannot print jobs on it hence I cannot select it. In second picture, atsurface in soft, I only have GlossyA, have no option for GLossyB. 

image.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-02-22 at 00.45.16_c8653cfa.jpg

Your calibration plate is old and plastic. Ceramic has different shape.

Your colorimeter measurements are incorrect. On one test Magenta is about 2.5, when Cyan and Yellow - about 2.0 .
Other test measurement results are terrible. There Cyan and Magenta - about 4.0 . It is impossible. Silver halide paper can't have this density.

Change calibration plate. Buy ceramic calibration plate. Calibration Plate unit B (with CD) - Noritsu part number Z028443-01 . 
Calibration plate can be original, or not original. Original calibration plates are more expensive :
https://www.ebay.ie/itm/163816622633 
Not original calibration plates are about 1/3 cheaper, but quality is unknown. Sellers are from China and calibration plates made in this country.

39 minutes ago, Minilab service said:

Your calibration plate is old and plastic. Ceramic has different shape.

Your colorimeter measurements are incorrect. On one test Magenta is about 2.5, when Cyan and Yellow - about 2.0 .
Other test measurement results are terrible. There Cyan and Magenta - about 4.0 . It is impossible. Silver halide paper can't have this density.

Change calibration plate. Buy ceramic calibration plate. Calibration Plate unit B (with CD) - Noritsu part number Z028443-01 . 
Calibration plate can be original, or not original. Original calibration plates are more expensive :
https://www.ebay.ie/itm/163816622633 
Not original calibration plates are about 1/3 cheaper, but quality is unknown. Sellers are from China and calibration plates made in this country.

I hate this colorimeter system!!! I own a X-rite wich is alot more easy to work with then this unit. Is there any other way to use diffrent type of colorimeter than the one on the printer? Like an external one? X-rite or scanner? 

Measure the same test steps with external colorimeter. Then you can see that you have nonsense on your minilab measurement results. 

Strange to see, that  posted results and do not understand that on silver halide paper can't have D-MAX 4.0 . Even very beginner understand it.

Your colorimeter works as good as you calibrated it. You calibrated colorimeter with calibration plate, which doesn't match plate calibration data, which loaded on software. So you can't to expect to have good results. 

Noritsu advice to change plastic calibration plate each two years. Probably your calibration plate never changed. Ceramic plates do not have this  life time limit.

Fuji LP7200 system software created Noritsu. Write your software and can use colorimeter which you want. Until you use Noritsu software you have to use colorimeter, which is on all Noritsu minilabs ( ColorMouseToo from Color Savvy ) .

On Noritsu printing software ( EZ controller for QSS3502 PLUS ) can load three custom profiles - for loaded files, for monitor and for printer. On MS01 also can load custom profile, but it will not help, when base paper balance is absolutely incorrect.

Edited by Minilab service

6 hours ago, Minilab service said:

Measure the same test steps with external colorimeter. Then you can see that you have nonsense on your minilab measurement results. 

Strange to see, that  posted results and do not understand that on silver halide paper can't have D-MAX 4.0 . Even very beginner understand it.

Your colorimeter works as good as you calibrated it. You calibrated colorimeter with calibration plate, which doesn't match plate calibration data, which loaded on software. So you can't to expect to have good results. 

Noritsu advice to change plastic calibration plate each two years. Probably your calibration plate never changed. Ceramic plates do not have this  life time limit.

Fuji LP7200 system software created Noritsu. Write your software and can use colorimeter which you want. Until you use Noritsu software you have to use colorimeter, which is on all Noritsu minilabs ( ColorMouseToo from Color Savvy ) .

On Noritsu printing software ( EZ controller for QSS3502 PLUS ) can load three custom profiles - for loaded files, for monitor and for printer. On MS01 also can load custom profile, but it will not help, when base paper balance is absolutely incorrect.

Ok, thanks! I'll see where I get a good plate. Again, thanks for your detailed answers, it helped alot.