Black line on Noritsu 3213 Printer

maxpain09

Hello Everybody,

I have this annoying issue with the prints. After a few hours this thin black line shows up on my prints. I have attached photos below. 

The line goes away after I shutdown Noritsu 3213 and restart it after a few minutes. I would prints for a few hours and bam it would come back again. 

You can see the line on the left from the little girl. This is a 4” paper print. Size 4x6. 

IMG_8887.thumb.jpeg.1ec3eb23a89dc96fcb34d093b1725ccb.jpegThat’s the only way I found to get rid of the line. I can’t pinpoint what is causing the line. A bad AOM or laser head? 

IMG_8888.jpeg

It looks like a magenta line, so possibly a fault with the green AOM driver. You can try swapping the green and blue AOM drivers around with each other, if you then get a yellow line, the AOM driver will be the issue.

2 hours ago, maxpain09 said:

Hi Dave,

Thank you for your input. We did switch the AOM drivers like you suggested above and we still got the same result. Could it be the laser? 

best regards 

Chris 

Yes it could be the laser, but generally lasers issues tend to generate multiple lines rather than a single line and the lines tend to be the same colour as the laser. If your laser is a type B you have nothing to loose in swapping the green and blue laser driver boards around with each other.

It could also be an issue with the laser control PCB or the PC-laser interface PCB if it is an SD machine. It's very difficult to fault find problems like this without exchanging parts. Circuit boards are much easier to swap than the laser unit is.

It may be worth unplugging and re-plugging all the connectors on the laser control PCB, just in case there is a bad connection somewhere.

3 hours ago, maxpain09 said:

I do notice that when I just reboot the Noritsu 3213 CPU it will resolve the issue for a bit. 

best regards 

Chris 

When you say reboot, do you mean the whole machine, or just the PC?

Enter the service mode. F → Menu → Extension → Maintenance → Self-diagnostic. Do the image path test, see if there are any errors.

Do the test when you don't have the issue, and then do it again when the issue starts happening.

• 4 weeks later...