Help Rewiring Noritsu 430 To Single Phase

AAASANCHEZ

Hello! I have a Noritsu QSF-430L-3 which is wired for three phase and would like to rewire it to single. I have the service manuals and there’s a page with the diagrams. I would like to set it up for single 2 wires. I understand and can wire the connections properly following the diagram between terminals 1 and 2, would that be enough? Or should I check and where should I check further up the circuit? There’s a connection with a capacitor and is noted *outside Japan only and I can’t find it in the circuit. 

any help is appreciated !

IMG_2859.jpeg

IMG_2866.jpeg

2 hours ago, Minilab service said:

Where are you from? What are voltages in your country ( voltage between live and neutral , voltage between two live wires ) ?

Spain, 220V and 50Hz. Machine has been working in Spain before but was wired for 3 phase 

When in Europe connected to three phases used four wires ( three phases and one neutral ) . Used three 230 V voltages.

The most easy to join three wires to one point. After that you have two wires ( live and neutral ) . Connect them to wall socket.

If want to do as it is on manual then instead of three phase four wires ( 3P4W ) circuit use one phase two wires ( 1P2W ) circuit.

One more wire is grounding. Leave it where it is connected now ( to film processor frame ) .

2 hours ago, Minilab service said:

When in Europe connected to three phases used four wires ( three phases and one neutral ) . Used three 230 V voltages.

The most easy to join three wires to one point. After that you have two wires ( live and neutral ) . Connect them to wall socket.

If want to do as it is on manual then instead of three phase four wires ( 3P4W ) circuit use one phase two wires ( 1P2W ) circuit.

One more wire is grounding. Leave it where it is connected now ( to film processor frame ) .

So could I just rewire as shown on the manual between Terminal 1 and Terminal 2? 

Now your film connected 3 phase 4 wires ( 3 x 230V circuit ) .
To connect to single wire need connect as you see on 1 phase 2 wires ( 1 x 230V circuit ) 
Both diagrams are on your picture.
More easy just connect different plug. Then three live wires should be joint and connected to the same point ( Live ) . Neutral is only one wire ( need connect it to Neutral ) .

All circuits have ground wire. On film processor it is connected to frame. On wall socket this wire should be connected to ground. Even single phase wall socket has it ( there are Live, Neutral and Ground ) . 

22 minutes ago, Minilab service said:

Now your film connected 3 phase 4 wires ( 3 x 230V circuit ) .
To connect to single wire need connect as you see on 1 phase 2 wires ( 1 x 230V circuit ) 
Both diagrams are on your picture.
More easy just connect different plug. Then three live wires should be joint and connected to the same point ( Live ) . Neutral is only one wire ( need connect it to Neutral ) .

All circuits have ground wire. On film processor it is connected to frame. On wall socket this wire should be connected to ground. Even single phase wall socket has it ( there are Live, Neutral and Ground ) . 

Meaning, I connect 3 new wires to S2 S3 and S4 and join them in one, and then one wire to S1 + Ground and those cables to socket if I understand correctly!

Thank you!

Now connected 3 x 230V . If to join to one point will be connected 1 x 230V .

Do not know where exactly connected wires from wall socket. You are at film processor and can see it.

Join three contacts, where connected phases. There connect live wire.
Neutral and Ground need connect where these wires connected before.

If connection circuit is original :
Join S1, S2 and S3. There connect Live wire.
To S4 leave connected Neutral.
To E leave connected Ground.

Edited by Minilab service

On 3P4W and 1P2W Neutral wire has the same current ( because it is one for all three phases ) .
On 3P4W Live wires has 1/3 of current ( because there are three Live wires and power divided among them ) .
Here just film processor. Modern network should allow connect this power. Just need to use good wall socket. Network and wall socket should have three wires ( Live, Neutral and Ground ) .

I think 1P2W circuit is safer for film processor. I had few cases when on 3P4W circuits broke Neutral wire. As result some film processor circuits instead of 230 V get 400 V . Many has to be replaced after that. When Neutral wire brakes  on 1P2W circuit then film processor turns off and nothing else.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/14/2024 at 11:11 AM, Minilab service said:

On 3P4W and 1P2W Neutral wire has the same current ( because it is one for all three phases ) .
On 3P4W Live wires has 1/3 of current ( because there are three Live wires and power divided among them ) .
Here just film processor. Modern network should allow connect this power. Just need to use good wall socket. Network and wall socket should have three wires ( Live, Neutral and Ground ) .

I think 1P2W circuit is safer for film processor. I had few cases when on 3P4W circuits broke Neutral wire. As result some film processor circuits instead of 230 V get 400 V . Many has to be replaced after that. When Neutral wire brakes  on 1P2W circuit then film processor turns off and nothing else.

Sorry for the delay! Is this what you mean? I’ve connected S1-3 to one point live. S4 is neutral and ground to E

IMG_3099.jpeg

On 3/23/2024 at 12:32 PM, Minilab service said:

Yes. Before film processor got 3 x 230V ( from three phases ) . Now it get 3 x 230V ( from one phase ) .

Had it working perfectly for a week and all of a sudden we got the AL5 message and 121 error. I’ve checked all connectors, cleaned and reconnected. Don’t know what to look for 

21 hours ago, kodak_service said:

Turn off the minilab and use a tester to check the resistance between wires of the same color on all level sensors in the working tanks. They wires must be short-circuited. If any pair has high resistance, then this sensor must be replaced.

All of them are stabilizing at 0.6-1ohms, so pretty low 

23 minutes ago, kodak_service said:

Unfortunately, I have not preserved the complete documentation for QSF-430. Please write the full text of the messages issued by the film processor.

There are the messages I get (I’ll attach 3 images) 

IMG_3332.jpeg

IMG_3333.jpeg

IMG_3334.jpeg

26 minutes ago, kodak_service said:

Disconnect connector P23 from the lower printed circuit board. Then measure the resistance on the cable connector between pins 1 and 2, then between pins 3 and 4. They should be short-circuited.

They measure 1.2-1.3

15 minutes ago, kodak_service said:

Thanks for the answer. I previously wrote about another problem. You need to enter the Input Check mode, line 18 Circus pump and send the readings on the display.

Its line 17 on mine. I get the following

###### while testing an then switched to ****** (No. Of revolutions is 40Hz or over, (no alarm)) and says * appears when there is no circulation pump 

The CD tank has two temperature sensors. If the difference in their readings is greater than the allowed value, then error 121 appears. I don’t remember how to display these values on the display. Now try removing the chemical filter from the developer and see the result.

3 minutes ago, kodak_service said:

The CD tank has two temperature sensors. If the difference in their readings is greater than the allowed value, then error 121 appears. I don’t remember how to display these values on the display. Now try removing the chemical filter from the developer and see the result.

Should I turn on and wait for it to warm up and see if the message turns on without the filters? I put new filters on tanks 1 - 3