QSF-T15 How to clear Y+N question?

Rog23

When a replenishment solution needs topping up, my T-15 beeps to inform me of this fact, with the option (N) available to stop the beeping. After pressing (N), the same message appears (e.g. "STB Replenishment level low") with the options Y+N. The manuals don't mention Y+N. Even after adding several litres of solution, the message won't go away, and no combination of pressing Y and N (including both at once etc) appears to make the message disappear. I have to turn the machine completely off by the circuit breaker and on again, to get back to business. While the annoying message is displayed I can press "Mode" and check the inputs etc, which correctly shows the replenishment message should now be off (i.e. replenishment level switch is ON), but I can't figure out what Y+N means to clear it! Help!

It means what you think it does, it should clear by hitting Yes & No together as soon as the empty float sensor is on again (shouldn't take more than 1L to trip). Both buttons work on your keyboard? Since the input checks shows the sensor is working properly, it could very well be a keyboard issue just effecting the multi-input action. Not an easy thing to troubleshoot, could just try reconnecting it if you don't have access to another one to try.

Otherwise I'm not sure - a PCB problem? Is it effecting all tanks or just one?

4 hours ago, oliphaz said:

Both buttons work on your keyboard? Since the input checks shows the sensor is working properly, it could very well be a keyboard issue just effecting the multi-input action

Thanks for the confirmation. Yes, both buttons work fine by themselves, and the problem occurs on all tanks. I think (though not 100% sure) I did manage to clear it one time by spamming different combinations of buttons, but haven't been able to replicate that. Does it normally make a difference as to how you press both buttons together? i.e. I assume you can hold Y and then press N, rather than having to press both at more or less the same time?

When you press NO film processor stops to beep
When you press YES+NO error should be released ( closed )
If error doesn't close probably you didn't solve it and error returns. 

Press NO to stop beep. Then fix the problem, which caused this error. After that press YES+NO to cancel error. 

10 hours ago, Minilab service said:

If error doesn't close probably you didn't solve it and error returns. 

The error is definitely solved, because I have verified the state of the replenishment tank level sensor via the menu (i.e. Input Check -> Processor -> xx Replenisher Level). It is OFF when the solution is depleted, and ON once solution is added. But Y+N will still not clear the error, and the machine cannot process any more film until I switch it off and on again. After switching back on, the error only returns once the solution (any of the replenisher solutions) has run out again.

1 hour ago, kodak_service said:

Write the error number, without this it is impossible to help you.

It's just the normal 029-01 Replenisher Tank Empty, with the tank name in the upper right hand corner. Even after refilling the tank and verifying that the sensor is happy that there is now liquid in the tank, pressing Y+N doesn't make the message go away. Turning the machine off and on again does clear the message.

It doesn't matter in what order or for how long, just that they are both depressed at the same time for a split second, and it should clear immediately once the tank sensor is tripped. Check the keyboard connection and try to get your hands on another one to test swap.

6 hours ago, oliphaz said:

It doesn't matter in what order or for how long, just that they are both depressed at the same time for a split second, and it should clear immediately once the tank sensor is tripped. Check the keyboard connection and try to get your hands on another one to test swap.

Thanks, that's what I would have assumed. I think you're right, there must be some problem with the keyboard or the keyboard connection, even though the keys work when pressed individually. I'll investigate further and look to obtaining a replacement keyboard if I can't get it solved.

• 1 month later...