Need help with a SP3000 without main control unit

Sam Wolfe

I have just get a sp3000. WITHOUT the main control unit(Toshiba computer),

when i use some ghost files from my friend, the connection abnormal.

I'm trying to install S1 software in a new computer with windows 2000. But after finish the installation, restart, nothing happened,the software not run.

anyone knows how to make it work with a new computer, without any backup data?Is the focus chart jig needed?

Do you see scanner on Windows device manager? Driver installed correctly?

To re-install software the best would be have backup. If impossible to get backup then can use floppy with initial data.

The most important data stored on boards. If they deleted then can load only from backup. Settings on each scanner are individual. If load other scanner backup scanner should work, but do not expect good quality. If have HD which was connected to this scanner then settings can find here.

On SP3000 can use any computer, where works Windows 2000 PRO. Toshiba is not necessary. Many times on computer used different motherboards and different computers. They all work well.

If on scanner was installed new software ( MS11 from MS software package ) and you connected image with older software ( S1 from FE software package ) then software should work, but might be red eye error. Shouldn't be connection errors. 

Doesn't matter which software is on scanner and which software is on computer. Connection should be. If do not see scanner on Windows device manager then faulty image box ( main board, RAM, or both ) . Also can be on image box missing power supply.

Thanks for answering.

I don't have any computer or hard disk or floopy disk with this sp3000.

I'm using a ghost backup from friends , got red eye data error, After I run the S1 installing package, the scanner is activated. many parameters incorrect,w4351 4352 4353 4354 etc. when i want to do some corrections, got E4748 AE retry-over. Still not working properly 

7 hours ago, Minilab service said:

To re-install software the best would be have backup. If impossible to get backup then can use floppy with initial data.

The most important data stored on boards. If they deleted then can load only from backup. Settings on each scanner are individual. If load other scanner backup scanner should work, but do not expect good quality. If have HD which was connected to this scanner then settings can find here.

On SP3000 can use any computer, where works Windows 2000 PRO. Toshiba is not necessary. Many times on computer used different motherboards and different computers. They all work well.

If on scanner was installed new software ( MS11 from MS software package ) and you connected image with older software ( S1 from FE software package ) then software should work, but might be red eye error. Shouldn't be connection errors. 

Doesn't matter which software is on scanner and which software is on computer. Connection should be. If do not see scanner on Windows device manager then faulty image box ( main board, RAM, or both ) . Also can be on image box missing power supply.

12 hours ago, TECNOR said:

The backup is very important without this you have any problems.

Load recovery cd of original pc.

Thanks for answering 

On 4/5/2024 at 6:09 AM, Minilab service said:

I've finished downloading data from boards, Now I have error code E-4753 when i'm trying to do some corrections for ccd. i can see images in ccd data display when i put some negative in. But how to judge if the ccd23 need to replace?

Yes, correct. When have not backup, but have settings on board then need transfer settings from boards into HD. When settings on boards and HD are the same you have no W-4351 W-4352 W-4353 W-4354 errors.

E-4748 means at the time of AF, scanner correction, brightness correction, or AE. This error can cause :
1. Faulty harness between CCD23 and GIA23 circuit boards
2. LED light amount too large
3. Faulty CCD23
Check cables and connections on CCD23 and GIA-23 board. On GIA-23 should be connected power supply ( small two pin connector ) . Try go to menu 0349 and perform LED Light Amount Adjustment . 

E-4753 means the voltage adjustment for the OFD1 failed. Condition met error judgement at the time of OFD1 adjustment. This error can cause CCD23 ( hardware, or settings ) . On your scanner make backup. Transfer backup file from floppy into HD and with Winrar try extract backup file ( extension .001 ) .
Remove CCD23. Be careful - remove correct screws. Then test your CCD23 on other scanner. CCD23 has mounting pins, so it is easy to put CCD23 into other scanner. Ignore message, that settings on HD and CCD23 are different. Try to make tests on other scanner. 
If will not work try transfer settings from HD into CCD23. If after that will not work - you need other CCD23.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/6/2024 at 5:54 PM, Minilab service said:

Yes, correct. When have not backup, but have settings on board then need transfer settings from boards into HD. When settings on boards and HD are the same you have no W-4351 W-4352 W-4353 W-4354 errors.

E-4748 means at the time of AF, scanner correction, brightness correction, or AE. This error can cause :
1. Faulty harness between CCD23 and GIA23 circuit boards
2. LED light amount too large
3. Faulty CCD23
Check cables and connections on CCD23 and GIA-23 board. On GIA-23 should be connected power supply ( small two pin connector ) . Try go to menu 0349 and perform LED Light Amount Adjustment . 

E-4753 means the voltage adjustment for the OFD1 failed. Condition met error judgement at the time of OFD1 adjustment. This error can cause CCD23 ( hardware, or settings ) . On your scanner make backup. Transfer backup file from floppy into HD and with Winrar try extract backup file ( extension .001 ) .
Remove CCD23. Be careful - remove correct screws. Then test your CCD23 on other scanner. CCD23 has mounting pins, so it is easy to put CCD23 into other scanner. Ignore message, that settings on HD and CCD23 are different. Try to make tests on other scanner. 
If will not work try transfer settings from HD into CCD23. If after that will not work - you need other CCD23.

I've solve the problem and make my sp3000 running now. I've change a image control box with a GPA23 in good working condition.

Now I have a GPA23 with one DSP chip abnormal. Is it possible to change a new chip(TMS320C6415GLZ) to make it work good?

You changed whole image box, or only GPA23? Some image box have two GPA23 boards. It is enough one. Second GPA23 is optional.

TMS320C6415GLZ is BGA chip. Need have special soldering station, stencils and experience to change them. TMS320C6415GLZ - only part of correction element. In circuit included two RAMs and many other elements.