Consistent Lines through Nortisu HS-1800 Scans

norcottphotos

Do you have this line with all film carriers ( 135/240AFC-II , 120AFC-II and others ) ?

Look at the film. Might be film carrier scratched them. Then before scanning film should be without scratch and after scanning scratch should be there. Use light and magnification glass. Carefully look at position, where you see line on scanned picture.

Films are processed on the same film processor? Might be film processor scratched films and before scanning thin line already was on the film.

Might be is big scratch on film carrier lens. Try remove lens and scan without it.

Go into service mode. Open sensitivity check menu. Look what you see here. On this menu try remove film carrier. Look do you see any changes after that.

Try temporary disable digital ice and digital masking and scan after that. This way you can check IR channel.

Edited by Minilab service

Thank you both! These are 6x7. I couldn't see any visible scratches on the film and they were processed separately on different machines. I cleaned both the AFC and photometry sections and I still see the line upon rescan, but it is significantly fainter.

This only seems to be an issue with the 120 carrier, not the 35 carrier based on many tests today. If it is an issue with the carrier, what replacement part/s would I need?

Might be is scratch on film carrier lens. Try remove lens and scan without it. Using magnification glass look at the gap on 120AFC-II. Might be here see something ( on position, where you have line ) .

Go into service mode. Open sensitivity check menu. Look what you see here when inserted 120AFC-II. On this menu try remove film carrier. Look do you see any changes after that.

Try temporary disable digital ice and digital masking and scan after that. This way you can check IR channel.