Konica R1 - Subdrive nip 1 malfunctioned (S8 don't turn on) help help !! - where is this NIP 1 ?

Photo Digital

Hello everyone.
in particular to "Minilab Service"
I write from Italy, my English is not very good.
I have a Konica minilab, R1 super. I'm writing to find out if any of you have had the problem, and if so, how you solved it.
I haven't been able to print for a few days. photo paper always stops under the print head. I get the message "Paper jammed at entrance to exposure feed unit. (S7 dont turn off)" in other messages... S28.
the question has already been addressed I read in other posts but there is no solution for me. I have a feeling it's a hardware problem. I changed the S7 cell. I cleaned all the nips (see photo 3). I cleaned the two S28 LEDs.
when I do the tests from the menu they are all ok except (see photo 4) the M6 nip1 test.
the fact is that I don't know where and what this "nip1" is. can anyone tell me? is it located in the cutter block or in the print head block? Does anyone have an idea on the solution. I'm pretty desperate right now!!   
thanks - Egisto - Italy

efff479f-d111-4e4f-8ab4-eb2ea4af9947 mod 10.jpg

f3d924de-34dc-4f1f-9788-72116c88fccf forum.jpg

4aabac93-2252-41ea-b731-164719787341.jpg

0bcc873d-2b2b-4328-af41-9cd08c7f4e49 forum.jpg

You have S7 and S8 errors.

Might be motors rotate unstable, bad rollers, or something hold paper. Run motors from output check menu. Try to hold by hand and look rotation stability.
Check paper advance ( all sections one by one ) . You can insert piece of paper and rotate by hand. Check next section. Might be paper stops there.
Test S7 and S8 sensors. S7 - exposure start sensor. S8 - nip1 upper sensor. 
How to adjust S7 and entrance section you can find on Konica technical information MCH-TI-03-603 ( adjustment procedure of sensor S7 at entrance to exposure feed unit ) .

Nip 1 is where are sensors : S8 - nip1 up position sensor ( connector JP35 ) S9 - nip1 down position sensor (  connector JP36 ) . Nip1 can go up and down. 

Here error troubleshooter.
ERR-D1309-0 means paper jammed at entrance to exposure feed unit. (S7 did not turn off.) . Might be : 
Paper is stuck around the entrance to exposure unit.
Paper is bent.
Defective exposure feed unit.
According to the specifications, during printing on a double magazine machine, an un-rewindable length of paper remaining after the last frame is printed is force-discharged as a paper end. In this case, the machine tries to discharge the paper end, but the paper end is stuck on exposure feed unit, so the error 'S7 does not turn off' appears.
1) When ERR-D1309-0 occurs, check the number of jobs spooled in the printer.
2) If the printer spool is empty, this error has been developed, so follow the procedure below. If any jobs are spooled, paper has jammed on exposure unit, so remove paper according to the message.
3) Click [OK] in the ERR-D1309-0 error message (paper starts being force-discharged).
4) NOTE-B1903-0 appears, so click the [Continue] or [Cancel] button.
5) Within 1 minute, pull down the locking lever holdng the magazine with 0 m displayed for the remaining length.
6) NOTE-D026-0 appears, so click the [No] or  [Yes] button.
7) Refill the magazine with paper, then install the magazine.
8)Switch the printer on-line.
9) Enter 16A: Paper setting, then set the remaining paper length.
Check Technical Information MCH-TI-05-861.
Enter Status mode (247), then check the exposure sensor (S7), sub-drive exit sensor (S28) and paper feed sensor (S27).
Adjust exposure feed unit guide plate.
Replace exposure feed unit sensor S7.
Replace sub-drive unit sensor S28.
Replace paper feed unit sensor S27.
Replace EFU-DRV circuit board or EFU-DRVA circuit board.
Replace scanner drive circuit board of exposure feed unit.
Replace exposure unit.  

ERR-D130-0 means subdrive nip 1 malfunctioned. (S8 did not turn on.) . Look is flap blocked with paper. Might be defective sub-drive unit.
When pressed nip roller is being released, the nip 1 top limit sensor does not turn on at the end of time-out (1 sec.) or after the specified number of pulses is sent (normally it turns on within 0.2 sec.).
1) Open printer door, then remove the paper in the near of nip 1 of sub-drive unit.
2) Clicking [Continue] resumes printing or clicking [Cancel] cancels it.
3) Should the error reoccur, quit printer application, then turn off main breaker, and turn back on to restart printer PC.

Edited by Minilab service

thanks so much for your reply.
the fact is that I don't know where to look to find nip1, do you know physically where it is?

you say: Nip 1 is where are sensors : S8 - nip1 up position sensor ( connector JP35 ) S9 - nip1 down position sensor (  connector JP36 ) . Nip1 can go up and down

Could you tell me if they are in the cutter part or in the print head part?

the various rollers spin dragging the paper regularly. it seems that an alarm (from the nip1 sensor?) gives the signal to the minilab to stop

because at first I thought nip 1 was the one in the first drive roller (photo 1) of the print head. but this roller turns when I do the "M8 nip2" test (photo 2) so nip1 is before this one, but I can't find it.
thank you for your precious help

41365462-50c9-4f45-9ac9-a4f108a614f8.jpg

60699453-bb95-40a7-ab9d-ffaf00787ab4 23 apr forum.jpg

NIP1 solenoid is M6. Solenoid connector - J/P34. Contact 1 - power supply ( +24V ) . Contact 2 - solenoid control ( when 0V - solenoid ON ) .

NIP1 has two sensors. Sensor S8 - NIP1 UP . S8 connector - J/P35 . Sensor S9 - NIP1 DOWN . S9 connector - J/P36 .

Solenoid and sensors connected to SDU-DRV board ( 2710H1200 ) . Connector - SDCN6 .

Edited by Minilab service

Posted (edited)

It seems to have solved the NIP 1 error
thanks to your instructions I found what the sensors were and where they were.
Nip 1 is where are sensors : S8 - nip1 up position sensor ( connector JP35 ) <------
the solenoid that puts pressure on the transport roller did not lift on one side (the one where the sensors are positioned, so it did not see movement).
I repositioned the plate under the solenoid and now it's ok.
Thanks again

but now another little problem has arisen. Maybe I positioned the flap wrong. because now it gives me an error. this was because I had loosened the belt to fix something.
it is possible that the motor axis that controls it must be placed in a certain position when it is open (or closed) see photo
it seems to be out of sync, it slams upwards with a loud noise. do you have an idea?

or is there a menu way to synchronize it?

Thx

flap 11.jpg

Edited by Photo Digital

If I see correctly one gear where is belt is not straight. Might be here is some instability.

You didn't write, which error you have now. Probably ERR-D1309-0 ( S7 error ) . If S7 sensor is working then can be paper movement instability. How to adjust S7 and entrance section you can find on Konica technical information MCH-TI-03-603 ( adjustment procedure of sensor S7 at entrance to exposure feed unit ) .

R1 SENSOR S7 adjustment .pdf

Posted (edited)

I am very grateful for the help you give me.
so... I solved the nip1 and flap problem. stop

I have now (as indicated in the last document you sent me "push the sensor bracket as much to the sub-drive side as possible") significantly moved the S7 sensor towards the cutter assembly (see photos 1 and 2) but I have not obtained results.
error S7 and error S28 continue to alternate (as at the beginning) (see photos 3 and 4).
I have a doubt ... is it possible that (even if the drive rollers seem to be in more than good condition) the paper reaches the two sensors with a certain delay? and this creates the problem?
If so, what could I do? since there are no spare parts. could I put some tape to make it thicker and increase the diameter of the rollers themselves?

otherwise a great fear arises, could the electronic control board EFU-DRV circuit board or EFU-DRVA circuit board be faulty? in that case there would be no solutions... or could you remedy the same ones? How can I test the electronic boards you indicated above?

ps. did you read my private message?

porta sensore.jpg

cellula montata.jpg

errore S7.jpg

errore S28.jpg

Edited by Photo Digital

Hello.

Yes, I saw your message. 

S7 - exposure start sensor ( Exp_S Sensor ) . Sensor connector - J/P48 . Sensor can test with multimeter :
pin1 - output. Level depends sensor is activated, or not. Can be 0V, or 5V
pin2 - ground ( 0V )
pin3 - sensor power supply ( 5V )
Check voltage between pin 2 and pin 3 . On multimeter should see 5V
Check voltage between pin 2 and pin 1. Look voltage when sensor is activated and when not. Output voltage should change ( 0V or 5V ) .
S7 connected to EFU-DRV board ( connector EFCN3 )

S27 - paper feed sensor ( BP Sensor ) . Sensor connector - J/P49 . Connections and levels the same as they are on S7.
S27 connected to EFU-DRV board ( connector PFCN7 ) .

On R1 used only EFU-DRV board ( 2710H1200 ) . Check sensors with multimeter. Enter Status mode (247), then check sensors status ( when activated and not ) . If with multimeter on outputs see level changes, but software doesn't see then board doesn't work. 

You can't find new R1 boards, but can find used and working boards. Rollers and plastic parts can buy not original ( made in China ) .

Posted (edited)

Hi
I find it difficult to do this test with the print head in its position. a colleague of mine from Milan has a cable (which I don't have in the spare parts box) that allows you to remove the print head (or cutter block) from the minilab and connect it electrically to carry out tests. I'll ask him to send it to me.
update: to do the sensor test maybe I can remove the print head, put some long wires (connected to the S7 connector) coming out, and put the print head back in position

Anyway i'll give you some further instructions.

a) yesterday I reversed the S7 sensor with S27 (in the back print, it is the same) the result does not change.

b) the problem started about a month ago. in the morning on the first print (some days not always) it gave an S7 error and then it worked regularly all day. then about 15 days ago it started giving errors more often and then even more until it totaly stopped last week. this behavior may be compatible with the faulty EFU-DRV board ?
can this give us an indication whether it could be a software or hardware error ? It would already be very important to understand this thing, no?

c) the length of the paper coming out is shorter about 1~2 mm depends on the format. I extended the measurement (from the menu) but nothing changed.

d) important: I cannot find in menu 247 the possibility to do the test on S7 or S27 or S28 (maybe I can't see well, I'll send you a photo as soon as I'm in front of the minilab)

another thing, you didn't tell me if in your opinion it could be the paper being dragged late due to the rollers being slightly (perhaps) smaller in diameter. do you exclude it?

thanks

Edited by Photo Digital

Do not need to change sensor. Need connect multimeter and measure sensor power supply ( 5V ) and output ( level depends sensor is activated, or not ) . Levels on sensor can measure when sensor is removed, but connected.

247 menu is on workstation computer. Run Phenix. When software loaded go Maintenance - 24 Printer unit - 247 Status. There should see status of sensors.

Posted (edited)

on the first thing you say, logically I left the sensor connected, I just did the test you mention. when the photo paper passes the voltage goes from 5V to 0V but the paper stops anyway.

I found menu 247, I went to page 5 (photo 1) where the sensors in question are listed and I saw that a change of status is not reported!!
none of the values indicated on the page (not even the cutter sensor etc) changes value when the paper passes and in fact once it reaches halfway through the print head the paper stops.

so is it the EFU-DRV board 2710H1210/1200 faulty? do we have the sentence ?
So I'm going to look for this one?

or do you have an alternative idea? I have the original Konica wiring diagram, do you think a good electrical repairman can solve it?

grazie mille !

schermata sensori.jpg

scheda board 2710H1210.jpg

Edited by Photo Digital

Yes, I wrote other board part number. EFU-DRV board really is 2710H1210.

If you see level changes then sensors are working.

If I remember well sensors S7, S27 and S28 247 menu are on other pages. 
S7 might have name exposure feed unit sensor, exposure start sensor, or something like that
S27 might have name paper feed unit sensor, paper feed sensor, or similar
S28 might have sub-drive unit sensor, sub-drive exit sensor, or similar
Do not remember exact text. Look other 247 menu pages.

I keep trying.
I removed again the cutter. I rechecked all the rollers, belts. at a certain point I found this roller with signs of rust (see photos 1 and 2). I cleaned the pin and the roller with very super fine sandpaper, the pin itself and the hollow where the pin rotates. (+ just a little grease/oil). Once everything was reassembled, a few prints came out (see photo 3). then it completely blocked again. (error S7 err D1309 and S28 err D1307)
where is this damn point that stops/slows down the paper???
I'm demoralized... but I continue to look for a solution

thanks for your help

rullo pressore.jpg

rullo pressore particolare.jpg

stampe del 26.jpg

Can be unstable paper detection by sensors, unstable motor movement, or mechanical paper advance problem ( rollers, something hold paper, paper stops during movement, etc ) .

Did you find menu where can see S7 and S28 status? If can't find on 247 menu might be it is possible on minilab LCD. Need to make sure, that sensors always detect paper and software see their status correctly.

Go to printer output check menu ( 248 ) . Run motors and look how they rotate. Motors also can run from minilab LCD .

Take piece of paper. One by one check sections. Try rotate by hand and look how paper goes through section. Look how paper goes there.

Did you find menu where can see S7 and S28 status? If can't find on 247 menu might be it is possible on minilab LCD. Need to make sure, that sensors always detect paper and software see their status correctly.
Yes, I found the menu and the items in question:
this is not a simple test to do because as soon as you enter the menu, the minilab no longer sends files to print, if you send to print and then enter the menu it still stops.
I use simple logic: if yesterday I managed to make some prints anyway, doesn't that mean that the electronic cards work?

Go to printer output check menu ( 248 ) . Run motors and look how they rotate. Motors also can run from minilab LCD .
yes, I went to menu 248 and the motors all responded correctly.

Take piece of paper. One by one check sections. Try rotate by hand and look how paper goes through section. Look how paper goes there.
Yes i did it, the paper dragged manually into the cutter and into the print head did not jammed. flows correctly without minimal jamming, if I pull the paper away while the roller is pressing it doesn't slip

I remind you again also that I reversed the S7 cells with S28 (without change, the chances of them breaking at the same time is almost impossible)
I don't have the spare S28 cells (two transparent LEDs) could I reverse them with the LEDs that are immediately at the exit of the paper loader ?
in your experience can the cutter (even if it seems to work properly) produce the problem ?

If motors rotate well then you have problem with sensors, or here some mechanical fault. 

You can test cutter from output check menu. Then you can see how it works. Might be cutter motor doesn't work properly and can't cut paper on time. Cutter motor ( M2 ) is brushed DC motor. When motor is old brushes might have bad contact. You can under cutter insert piece of paper and run motor from output check.

When you go to sensor test meu you do not need to print. You need to open - close sensor and look if you see status changes ( open - close, dark - light ) .

Yes, your sensors work. You tested them with multimeter and swap with other position. Guess board works, but to make sure need few times test sensors. Few times open - close sensors and look status changes. S7 sensor can test even if it is removed, but connected to circuit.

S28 is sensor has two parts.
Connector Jp38 is emitter ( infrared LED ) . Contact 1 - power supply ( 5V if to measure with ground ) . Contact 2 - LED Driver . If to measure voltage between contact 1 and contact 2 should be 2 - 3 V . Light from emitter is infrared. Can see it only through mobile phone camera.
Connector JP37 is receiver. Contact 1 is power supply ( 5V if measure with ground ) . Contact 2 - not connected. Contact 3 - output. Level depends sensor is opened, or closed. When opened on pin 2 should be voltage. When sensor is good and receiver see emitter output voltage should be about 3 - 4.5 V. 
S28 can test on input check. If between emitter and receiver insert piece of paper on input check menu should see status changes. To test photo paper is not necessary. Can use any material, which can close receiver. S28 is sub-drive unit sensor. Paper reach this sensor when exposal already finished. Normally S28 sensor is opened. Receiver see light from emitter and on status is light. When exposal finished paper should go out and it should close sensor. After that sensor status will be dark.

S7 is exposal start sensor. When paper reach S7 and stepper motor did  exact amount of steps paper should reach print head exposition should start. This position should be on paper side. Your start position is incorrect ( few cm from side ) . 

Paper should reach S7 sensor. Sensor should see paper and change status.
When S7 see paper motor should make exact amount of steps . Paper should move and reach print head.
Paper should  continue to move and head should print an image.
Paper should leave S7 on time. When no paper sensor status should change. If paper leaves this S7 area too late you see error. 

When image printed paper should go out and it should close S28 sensor. If this sensor already should be closed, but still no paper there then printer stops also.

Few times test sensors ( S7, S27, S28 ) . look status changes on menu.
If sensor status changes good then try to print only one smaller size picture. Look paper stops, or not. If printed - check exposal position.
If paper stops and see error look paper position. Are S7 and S28 opened, or closed. 

Posted (edited)

some considerations:
yesterday I inverted (to exclude a physical fault) the sensor LEDs of the S28 position (see photo 1, cutter group output, which often give errors) with those of the S2 position (paper loader output)
no change same error messages
a few days ago I had reversed the S7 (print head see photo 2)
 with the S28 (back print) (in my R1 is the same type of sensor)
no change same error messages.
I'm sure there are no impediments to the scrolling of the paper. rollers with bearing work properly, tested (photo 3)

I found a colleague who recently turned off a Konica R2. Do you know if this card placed vertically (which I indicate in photo 4   -  2710H1010 ) is the same as the R1 in your opinion ?
it seems (looking at the wiring) that all the sensor signals converge on this board.

However, I continue to do the checks you indicated in your last useful message.

schema posizione sensori.jpg

sensore S27.jpg

rulli con cuscnelli.jpg

swcheda principale.jpg

Edited by Photo Digital

S8 and S28 connected to SDU-DRV board ( 2710H1200 ). S7 connected to  EFU-DRV board (  2710H1210 ) . 
2710H1010 is head-buf board.

R2 boards :
SDU-DRVA BOARD - 2810H1200
EFU-DRVA BOARD - 2810H1210

R2 and R1 heads are absolutely different. R2 doesn't have HEAD-BUF board.

Posted (edited)

hello
great news!!
it is possible that we have reached the final question!!

observing the print head while it works I noticed that the main motor (incorrectly in my opinion, in fact, immediately after the stop the alarm beep-beep comes) slows down, stops and starts again when the paper arrives in the second and third roller. (see attached videos)
However, it should be noted that the straps are in good condition, they are not frayed and they are not cracked. the pulleys are clean without dirt.
if I try to stop pin 14 (trying to slow it down with my hand) when it turns with no paper there is a lot of resistance and you can't stop it, it doesn't slip.
but it seems that the arrival of the paper causes difficulty in dragging.
have you ever seen something like this in your experience? what could it depend on?
thanks

I attach two videos that you can download from the link I send you ---> https://we.tl/t-6yqANkOIi6

Edited by Photo Digital

• 1 month later...
On 24.04.2024 at 00:00, Minilab service said:

If I see correctly one gear where is belt is not straight. Might be here is some instability.

You didn't write, which error you have now. Probably ERR-D1309-0 ( S7 error ) . If S7 sensor is working then can be paper movement instability. How to adjust S7 and entrance section you can find on Konica technical information MCH-TI-03-603 ( adjustment procedure of sensor S7 at entrance to exposure feed unit ) .

R1 SENSOR S7 adjustment .pdf 111.03 kB · 5 downloads

Hi! Can you please help me with this? I have a Konica Minolta R2 photolab. I keep getting error : “ERR-D137-0” print head nip2 malfunction ( s11 did not turn off ) . Please help me to find Konica technical information MCH. My mail is maxlav2010@gmail.com. Thank you very much.

Hello. Where are you from?

Technical information MCH-TI-03-603 is about sensor S7 adjustment. It is uploaded on this topic, but you do not need it. Nip2 motor is M8. Nip2 sensor - S11 .

ERR-D137-0 means print head nip 2 malfunctioned. S11 did not turn off.  Is nip blocked with paper? 
When pressed nip roller is being released, the nip 2 bottom limit sensor does not turn off at the end of time-out (1 sec.) or after the specified number of pulses is sent (normally it turns off within 0.2 sec.).
Open printer door, remove the paper in the near of exposure unit nip roller then close the door. Clicking [Continue] resumes printing or clicking [Cancel] cancels it.
Should the error reoccur, quit printer application, then turn off processor breaker. Wait until UPS stops beeping, and turn processor breaker back ON to start printer.  If the error still persist check exposure unit.

Enter Mode 247:Status, and check the current status of the sensor S11 detecting nip roller  If doesn't work then can be faulty exposure feed unit,  EFU-DRV circuit board (2700YE600D ) or EFU-DRVA circuit board (2850YE600A) , or 5-Volt power supply unit .

First check motor and sensor. M8 ( NIP2-Drive motor ) - connector EFCN4 . S11 ( Nip2 Down sensor ) - connector JP43 . S10 ( Nip2 Up Sensor ) - connector JP42 .
Sensor connectors : pin1 5V , pin2 output ( level depends sensor is closed, or not; %v or 0V ) , pin3 ground ( 0V ) .

On 247 menu look what is a problem - M8 doesn't move, or motor moves, but sensor doesn't see it.

Hello, 

Thank you very much for your answer

I'm from Minsk

This error occurs periodically:    “ERR-D137-0” print head nip2 malfunction ( s11 did not turn off )
I don't know where the sensors and connectors are located
Can you give me a diagram of the location of the sensors and connectors?
Please help me understand this problem