Ez Controller/Dongle Question

kilzdavid

Hello! 

Sorry if this is a duplicate. I don't seem to have found a good resource for answering this question. Will the dongle open up more color scan options for me? 

Here's my current setup:
LS-600
Software Ver 7.0
Standalone Controller
Windows 10 (via Parrells)

When I scan, I see global color adjustments, but no curves or micro adjustments have been found. Will a dongle help me and open up more options? I'd like it to be as close as possible to done at the time of scan. 

Thank you!

The USB license key (dongle) was designed by the owner of the software to protect it from illegal copying.
It does not block anything.
It simply allows you to run the software.
If you have hacked software that runs without a dongle - buying a dongle will not help unlock any inactive features.
It will give you the ability to upgrade in the future to the latest version of the software, because any Noritsu dongle works with any version of the EZ Controller.
That's it.

Tone curve correction was optional software that needed to be purchased in addition to EZcontroller.

The dongle will allow you to run in full EZcontroller mode, and allow you to install the optional modules.
It will give you some additional options like 16bit TIFF etc, but mostly it's the same, however all the corrections are carried out in raw mode in EZcontroller before a JPG etc is generated, unlike with the Standalone controller, so EZcontroller does give you more control over the quality of the output.

Thank you for the feedback(s). 

I bought the LS-600 some time ago and it came with ver 6.6 or something. I bought ver 7.0 later because I wanted it to work with Win10. I purchased directly from Noritsu. I never knew about the dongle until recently but you'd think the fresh install would have indicated the requirement for the dongle, right?

Whatever the case might be, how do I enable some of these additional modules? 

Original EZ controller dongle can use with any EZ controller version. If you purchased EZ controller from Noritsu then you should have USB dongle and it should be original.

If EZ controller works it see dongle. No problems with it.

To have optional EZ controller modules need install them separately. There are many of them - for example Red Eye correction software , Digital masking, Lens Aberration (Professional) , Cross Filter , Soft Filter , Spot Correction , Tone Curve Correction ( the same as Photoshop ) , Scene Correction. 

1 hour ago, yustas said:

All optional module will work if he has a hacked EZ Controller where an emulated dongle already activated.

From the original post it was difficult to determine if the scanner was running in standalone mode, or running a hacked version of EZ, or running a genuine version with a hardware dongle.

Yes as long as he has a running version of EZcontroller installed, all optional software modules will load.

33 minutes ago, kilzdavid said:

Thank you for the feedback(s). 

I bought the LS-600 some time ago and it came with ver 6.6 or something. I bought ver 7.0 later because I wanted it to work with Win10. I purchased directly from Noritsu. I never knew about the dongle until recently but you'd think the fresh install would have indicated the requirement for the dongle, right?

Whatever the case might be, how do I enable some of these additional modules? 

If you have made a fresh install of EZcontroller (purchased from Noritsu) you must already have a dongle. Check the back of the computer for it.

You have to load additional software for each option you require.

These are some of the available options for the LS-600
Z809822-01 Red Eye Removal Software
Z810302-01 Special Correction Software - Lens Aberration
Z810303-01 Special Correction Software - Cross Filter
Z810304-01 Special Correction Software - Soft Filter
Z810305-01 Special Correction Software - Spot Correction
Z810306-01 Special Correction Software - Tone Curve
Z810307-01 Special Correction Software - Scene Correction
Z810289-01 Digital Masking Software

Edited by Dave S

No dongle in use here. So strange. I bought the scanner as a stand-alone with the software. I use parallels on my iMac, and it scans just fine - just no option to enable or leverage the tone curve, etc. 

I'm OK with buying a dongle if it would enable these features. The global settings are OK, but looking for more control. Just unsure of the right path and if I would benefit. 

The absence of a dongle is not a problem. If everything works well and you are not going to update EZC so no need to worry. You have so-called "dongle-free" version where that dongle emulated so the software "sees" it.
Therefore:
Obtain the Special Correction Software bundle and try to install it.
I am sure it will work well.

Questions:
What version of EZC do you have?
Frankly speaking, I did not find any mentions of it in your messages. 
Do you have EZ Controller installed? 
What if you use the scanner without it just using Twain Driver?
What do you mean by writing "Standalone Controller"? 

2 hours ago, Dave S said:

If you have made a fresh install of EZcontroller (purchased from Noritsu) you must already have a dongle. Check the back of the computer for it.

I am sure that he wrote about system software LS-600 Ver.7.00.002 designed for Win10 x64 and he does not have EZC at all....

Are you sure, that you to scan images use EZ controller? EZ controller without dongle works as Twain driver. Maybe really you use Twain driver?

Which software you use to scan films - EZ controller software, or some third parties software ( irfanView, xnView, or similar ) .

On W10 64 bit can use EZ controller version 6.60 and later.
On W10 64 bit should be LS-600 system software 7.0 and later.

You might be right. I assumed I had Ez Controller because when initializing the software via XnView, and inserting the film, the box of 4 pictures show up. That's where I make my global adjustments (e.g. yellow/blue, density, magenta). 

Your EZ controller works as Twain driver. Works only basic features. To have full EZ controller need dongle. 

On full EZ controller do not need third parties software. Can scan directly from EZ controller. On Ez controller can use optional modules ( if they installed ) .

Not sure, if optional modules can work on Twain driver. Need install one module, open one frame for edition and look you have it, or not.

18 hours ago, yustas said:

I am sure that he wrote about system software LS-600 Ver.7.00.002 designed for Win10 x64 and he does not have EZC at all....

Yes, I was thinking of EZ version 7 not the version 7 of the scanner driver.  It's all clear now, he is running in standalone mode also known as Twain Driver and is not using EZ at all. The optional modules will not work in Twain Driver mode as all the processing is done using external software and is not done by EZcontroller.

17 hours ago, kilzdavid said:

You might be right. I assumed I had Ez Controller because when initializing the software via XnView, and inserting the film, the box of 4 pictures show up. That's where I make my global adjustments (e.g. yellow/blue, density, magenta).

So you will need a dongle (physical of software crack based) to run in full EZcontroller mode.

Then you will need to install the optional modules you want (from what you said  Special Correction Software - Tone Curve is what you need).