QSF-T15 automatic water refilling

Rog23

I've noticed that every time I do the startup checks on my T15, it will refill the CD and STB3 with water (every single time, without fail), but never refill any of the others. Is that normal? Input check shows that the level sensors for ALL tanks are ON, both before and after it does the automatic refilling.

Level sensors are double. They have processing solution sensor ( it is lower ) and refilling water sensor ( it is higher ) .
Check refilling water sensors. Move floats up - down and look on input check.
When refilling water sensors are OFF then system exact time automatically refills water. When time passed, or sensor ON refilling stops. If sensor already ON then system does not refill water.

Thanks for the reply. I didn't realise the refilling sensors were separate. 

It turns out that "Refilling Water Amount 2" was set to around 4 seconds for both the CD and STB3 tanks, whereas all the others were set to 0.1 seconds. Looking at the service manual, "Refilling Water Amount 2" will run during the startup checks no matter what state the refilling sensors are in. Kind of a weird idea if you ask me, to deliberately dilute the tanks for no good reason!

Anyway, all is well now, thanks.

Sensors are not separate. Both levels ( upper and lower ) mounted on the same sensor. Upper level - water sensor. When upper level reached system stops water refilling. If upper sensor doesn't work then software refills water some time. After that it stops refilling.

Sensor has 6 contacts - lower level, higher level and temperature protection sensor.

11 hours ago, Rog23 said:

"Refilling Water Amount 2" will run during the startup checks no matter what state the refilling sensors are in. Kind of a weird idea if you ask me, to deliberately dilute the tanks for no good reason!

There is a good reason! It is to stop the chemistry from getting over concentrated. This is especially important on the Bleach and the Fixer, as when it gets over concentrated it can crystallise and cause film scratching problems.

11 hours ago, Minilab service said:

Sensors are not separate. Both levels ( upper and lower ) mounted on the same sensor. Upper level - water sensor. When upper level reached system stops water refilling. If upper sensor doesn't work then software refills water some time. After that it stops refilling.

Sensor has 6 contacts - lower level, higher level and temperature protection sensor.

Ahh ok, I've got it!

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Dave S said:

There is a good reason! It is to stop the chemistry from getting over concentrated. This is especially important on the Bleach and the Fixer, as when it gets over concentrated it can crystallise and cause film scratching problems.

I understand the need to add water to compensate for evaporation, but adding water to already full tanks, completely independent of the number of rolls being processed, still doesn't sound like a good idea to me.

Edited by Rog23

13 hours ago, Rog23 said:

I understand the need to add water to compensate for evaporation, but adding water to already full tanks, completely independent of the number of rolls being processed, still doesn't sound like a good idea to me.

I agree on big machine with low throughput it is not a good idea to add extra water after the evaporation has been compensated for. But a T-15 is already a low throughput machine so it would have been calculated accordingly.

I'm sure Noritsu would have consulted with the chemistry manufacturers when designing and implementing the water refilling system!

At least you can change the setting if you so desire!