Jump to content

Uncompleted scans / out of frame


Purafilmlab

Recommended Posts

Hi all, 

I ran into this issue once I changed the rollers on my ls-600, every time I do a scan it’s coming up with only some of the image in the display box, where the image used to be is now black which is imposing into the display box also leaving me having to crop this out. 
Before hand when the frame was slightly out I was able to use the arrows to bring it back into line although this is not the case now as there is no image there anymore. 
I have tried changing rollers again, sensor sensitivity adjustment, the film carrier unit adjustments only seem to make it worse, basically every setting on offer has not changed or affected it at all, This has left me stumped as I can’t seem to find any answers anywhere, has anybody ever run into this same issue? 

IMG_0551.jpeg

IMG_0552.jpeg

IMG_0805.jpeg

IMG_0803.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Were the rollers original Noritsu rollers?

The rubber wheels that you can buy to fit on to the shaft are usually total rubbish. They slip and don't transport the film properly causing these kind of issues.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Purafilmlab said:

Hi Dave, 

The rollers were from eBay but a trusted buyer who sells a huge range of parts..

I did also secure the rollers in place with a tiny dab of superglue where the wheels meet the steal rod to stop movement

To be honest you are wasting your time trying to get these rollers to work properly. Probably they are not precisely round so the transportation will vary. I know the Noritsu rollers are very expensive, but they will work perfectly afterwards.

You get what you pay for.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It seems like such a dramatic effect on the scans though, but I guess it could be throwing out the timing on which the film feeds through the light source as it’s possibly not gaining the correct traction it usually would with a grippier roller.. is that right? 

Would you possibly have a link to somewhere I can purchase authentic rollers? 
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Purafilmlab said:

It seems like such a dramatic effect on the scans though, but I guess it could be throwing out the timing on which the film feeds through the light source as it’s possibly not gaining the correct traction it usually would with a grippier roller.. is that right? 

Would you possibly have a link to somewhere I can purchase authentic rollers? 
 

You have to remember a very small inaccuracy in film transportation will be magnified on the actual scan. The film has to be transported smoothly and at the correct speed (determined by the diameter of the roller) otherwise you will have framing issues and stretched scans etc.

Which country are you in?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It seems you have a Noritsu office in Australia

Noritsu Koki Australia Pty Ltd
48a Alexander Avenue
Taren Point NSW 2229

Telephone: (02) 8525 2100
FAX: (02) 9524 2030
Contact Emails:
Sales: sales.nal@noritsu.com
Service: service.nal@noritsu.com

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This place is a scam, I just got back from a trip down there where my machine was with them for 3 days, I had the so called tech FaceTiming me the entire time asking me how to do the most basic things such as open the carrier and asking me what 240 stood for, after which I got my machine back with not a single thing checked as they claimed to not have the tools to pull it apart..  Long story short they call them selves noritsu but these guys are far from professional

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I understand.

I guess a lot of these are just sales offices, that have no real clue about the machines they sell. Gone are the days of the proper Noritsu offices with proper service engineers and parts sales.

You can try these guys

https://www.panasian.jp/Englishsite/minilab-parts

I've ordered parts from them in the past without any issues.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/16/2024 at 7:02 AM, Dave S said:

I understand.

I guess a lot of these are just sales offices, that have no real clue about the machines they sell. Gone are the days of the proper Noritsu offices with proper service engineers and parts sales.

You can try these guys

https://www.panasian.jp/Englishsite/minilab-parts

I've ordered parts from them in the past without any issues.

Would you happen to know the parts number/numbers for 135/240 lane rollers? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/15/2024 at 2:07 PM, Purafilmlab said:

Hi Dave, 

The rollers were from eBay but a trusted buyer who sells a huge range of parts..

I did also secure the rollers in place with a tiny dab of superglue where the wheels meet the steal rod to stop movement

The diameter of these rollers is slightly larger than the correct diameter, which is why black edges appear. The correct diameter of the drive rollers is 9.8 mm.

Sorry, 9,8 mm is for AFC135/240.
For LS-600 diameter is 12,0 mm

Edited by kodak_service
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Minilab service said:

A079897-00 x1 bottom pressure roller
A076285-00 x1 bottom part roller ( with shaft )
A076284-00 x3 bottom part rollers ( with shaft )
A079892-00 x8 top roller 135
A079895-00 x8 top roller APS

The same film carrier is on LS-1100, LS-600 and S1-II .

Awesome! And this list is for the entirety of the 135 rollers?

 
Will it effect my scans if I do not have 240 lane rollers in place, I don’t use this lane ever so would prefer not to have to put them in/ purchase more

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bottom 135 and 240 rollers are mounted on shafts, so impossible to buy them separately. You get shafts with 4 rollers ( 2 - 135 lane and 2 - 240 ) .

Top 240 lane rollers are not expensive. If you do not want can do not buy them. Do not think, that missing 240 lane top rollers can effect 135 scans.
Even if you will not use 240 then do not leave old Noritsu rollers. If they are soft they make your 240 lane bottom rollers dirty.
If you on 240 lane top already mounted Chinese rollers then can leave them. Your 240 lane will be working. Bottom rollers will be clean.

Pressure roller also for 240 lane. There can leave Chinese roller.

Edited by Minilab service
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/17/2024 at 9:40 PM, Minilab service said:

Bottom 135 and 240 rollers are mounted on shafts, so impossible to buy them separately. You get shafts with 4 rollers ( 2 - 135 lane and 2 - 240 ) .

Top 240 lane rollers are not expensive. If you do not want can do not buy them. Do not think, that missing 240 lane top rollers can effect 135 scans.
Even if you will not use 240 then do not leave old Noritsu rollers. If they are soft they make your 240 lane bottom rollers dirty.
If you on 240 lane top already mounted Chinese rollers then can leave them. Your 240 lane will be working. Bottom rollers will be clean.

Pressure roller also for 240 lane. There can leave Chinese roller.

Hey sorry just wanted to clarify that these part numbers include everything I need to replace all 135 rollers / shafts? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Everything written twice. Why need to write the same third time?

For film carrier bottom from Noritsu can buy only assemblies - 135 rollers and 240 rollers mounted on shafts. When you replace them on bottom will be new rollers ( 135 and 240 lanes ) . These rollers make film advance, so they are the most important. For bottom need A076284-00 ( 3pcs ) and  A076285-00 ( 1 pce ) .

On bottom also is one pressure roller. It is on 240 lane. It doesn't make film advance. There can leave Chinese roller.

At the top rollers are separately. They do not make film advance - just press film to bottom rollers. These rollers are not expensive. Decide yourself what to do - buy rollers from Noritsu, or leave Chinese rollers. 

Look at big gear, which is on film carrier left side. Many times I saw broken plastic there. As result is unstable film movement. Might be this is a reason why frames have incorrect positions. This big gear can see, if open scanner left side door. Unlock film carrier and rotate this gear by hand. Make sure, that plastic is not broken.
On this gear is belt from motor.  This gear rotates all rollers. When plastic broken rollers rotate unstable. Gear can see here ( where written film advance section ) :
919168568_LS-600FilmCarrier.jpg.00919d92127b07b13a5cee05a367ecf5.jpg

Edited by Minilab service
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...
DL650
DX100