NORITSU V30S3 Power Wiring Help

Wiring images

Hello, I just got this machine delivered from china and the supplier did not supply the North American power cord. So I got one and attached the live wire to L1 and neutral to L2. The machine looks to be wired for single phase already.

Before I plug it in, is there any thing to change on the board for North American voltage. Please have a look at the images attached.

Any help will be very much appreciated.

Long live film!

The machine is normally run on around 220V-240V.

The voltage in China is 220V 50HZ, you will need to check how the jumper wires have been set.
As you are in Canada the drive motor gear will need also need to be swapped around for 60HZ.
There is usually a double sided gear on the drive motor. The bigger gear is for 50HZ the smaller one is for 60HZ

Check the wires highlighted in the photo

IMG_2172.JPG

Okay, I switched the jumper to 240V started the machine still same beeping noise. 

Also, no display. The backlight lights up but no information is being displayed. The machine has been fully reconditioned and it left working fine from China. 

What could be causing the display to be blank?

It could be bad connection on the display PCB, or some voltage is missing, or the display itself is bad.

Unplug and re-plug the wires going to the display at both ends.

If you press the No key does the bleeping stop?

Yes, noise stops once you hit no. Also, there is a light that is supposed to be lit green I think which isn’t on. 

I have messaged the person in china. I’m sure it has to do with voltage.

The last video I got sent was with the machine fully working and the leader card being fed and it coming out. 

The Green light will only be on when the machine is up to temperature and ready for processing.

To stop the bleeping you press No. To clear the error you press the Yes and No key together.

The CPU and keyboard seem to be working, so it may just be a failed display unit.

The problem was that I thought I had 240V output but the socket only gives out 120V 🤦‍♂️. No wonder why the machine wasn't happy. Getting a step up transformer that will take that to 220V, same as China. Hopefully, it powers right up.

Also, I tried to change the driver gear and it seems a bit complicated. Why do we need to change it to 60HZ?

Please have a look at the picture, the manual says that I need to remove two screws on the gear itself and is the screw in the picture the one the manual is referring to? Looks like guy applied locktite or something and it's really hard to unscrew.

Thank you very much for the prompt replies. 

IMG_2189-2.jpg

I am surprised the machine is coming on at all with only 120V AC. The input for the switching power supply says 200-240VAC

I can't believe in Canada, you do not have access to 240V AC. It is usually done by using the two 120v tappings from the incoming mains power supply. It is 120 0 120. Between 120 and 0 is 120VAC between 120 and 120 is 240VAC.

AC synchronous motors will run at different speeds depending upon the frequency of the mains AC.
With 60HZ the motor will run faster than with 50HZ.
So you need to change to the smaller gear because otherwise the drive will run too fast and film will not spend the correct amount of time in the chemicals.

Yes it is the 2 screws that is fixing that gear in the photo. You can try heating the grub screws to loosen the thread locking compound.

4 minutes ago, Dave S said:

I am surprised the machine is coming on at all with only 120V AC. The input for the switching power supply says 200-240VAC

I can't believe in Canada, you do not have access to 240V AC. It is usually done by using the two 120v tappings from the incoming mains power supply. It is 120 0 120. Between 120 and 0 is 120VAC between 120 and 120 is 240VAC.

AC synchronous motors will run at different speeds depending upon the frequency of the mains AC.
With 60HZ the motor will run faster than with 50HZ.
So you need to change to the smaller gear because otherwise the drive will run too fast and film will not spend the correct amount of time in the chemicals.

Yes it is the 2 screws that is fixing that gear in the photo. You can try heating the grub screws to loosen the thread locking compound.

Yes, I decided to not use the transformer because of watts limitation. Proper way is to get a 240V installed. Got an electrician coming tomorrow to wire a 240V outlet.